The world is to end in three days

edited 2014-06-01 00:47:14 in General
...and you have become immortal, invincible, and able to freely teleport until then. From your world's ruins, another society rises, ideals of your choosing will be passed on to them to become the basis of their society, and then you will no longer be able to interfere in their affairs. You can also bring with you a few others, but in doing so will limit your influence. How do you prepare for the new world's coming, and what ideals do you impart?

Comments

• ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Ideals: Curiosity, conflict resolution, awareness of selves, surroundings and atmospheres by which I mean KILL / FUCK / CONSUME EVERYTHING RISE MY SOCIETY OF EVIL
    Preparation: uhhhhh fuck if i know
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ideals: Laughter

...I should probably have more than this
  • edited 2014-06-01 00:56:20

Im bringing Waka Flocka Flame and he will be the leader of the new world.

also before the apocalypse and shit im using my teleportation powers to steal a fuckton of clothes
  • edited 2014-06-01 01:13:52
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I go pick up as many people as possible at absolute random.

And then I do absolutely nothing. Ideals will change and mutate over time. I have no right to define how the new world should be molded, no matter how powerful I am.

Also a world molded by me would be really boring.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Ideals: Curiosity, conflict resolution, awareness of selves, surroundings and atmospheres by which I mean KILL / FUCK / CONSUME EVERYTHING RISE MY SOCIETY OF EVIL
    Preparation: uhhhhh fuck if i know

The non-hidden answer actually sounds pretty cool.

Although a society of evil would be good space alien popcorn fodder.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My headcanon is that Manly McMacho is That Character from That Show We Don't Talk About
  • Ah, but see, pantsing hella people makes perfect sense.

I'm training the new world to recognize that reality doesn't necessarily make sense. One day, you'll be walking down the road, fresh as a prince, and then your pants are around your ankles and you don't know why. 

They will learn to be prepared for what they cannot see coming. 
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Anonus said:

That Show We Don't Talk About

...my little pony?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    BBC's The Voldemort Show

Anonus said:

That Show We Don't Talk About

...my little pony?
    I was comparing you to Cadpig
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    4/10
  • edited 2014-06-01 11:25:24
    kill living beings
    We are CCCCCCC's unused brain parts. We're sorry that CCCCCCC totally missed the point of this thread. We tried to warn the cut&paste lobe, but it went brazenly on, totally missing the point of the thread in its zeal to post a years-old piece of stupidity that has been totally drained of funny and is now a dried out husk of stupidity. In fact, we unused lobes suspect that the cut&paste lobe may have been trying to be ironic in posting something that was both unfunny and off-topic.

We are currently attempting to reroute bloodflow through CCCCCCC's brain so that the more intelligent parts can once again take command and make CCCCCCCinto a valuable member of society.

Wish us luck. Godspeed!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Godspeed, CCCCCCC.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Wish me luck.
    who the fuck is CCCCCCC
  • edited 2014-06-01 03:08:56
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    hi I'm a meme loving braindead
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Screw it, I'd go like fullblown megalomaniac

or maybe not fullblown but near to it

I rescue as many books as I can, giving precedence to scientific papers and great works of literature.  I also rescue as many musical recordings and works of art as I can.

The ideals I establish basically match my own beliefs about what is moral: consideration for others, social equality, making sure everyone is healthy, caring for animals and the environment, etc.

Boring, perhaps, but that's honestly what I think I'd do.
    You wouldn't rule over the world with tyranno-pacifism?
    I dunno, probably not?

Elaborate, please.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    yes verry megalomaniac of you 6_6
    I'm letting my own beliefs dictate the founding principles of an entire world.  You don't think that's megalomaniacal?
    It's at least more so than pantsing everyone or just dumping a bunch of random people in the new world and letting them decide
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    i think it's an intentionally ill-worded thought to hide the fact that it's inherently very boring
  • edited 2014-06-01 03:32:19
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I said it's boring perhaps.

But I thought it would be more interesting (to me) to answer honestly instead of being flippant.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    nothing wrong with boring, boring is nice and practical, I like boring
    Also I guess I don't think it's boring, really.

I mean this is my chance to make a world that isn't messed up, I'd want to give it my best shot instead of screwing around with it.

Also screwing around when people's lives and futures are my responsibility would be unforgivable.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    very
    Tachyon said:

I dunno, probably not?

Elaborate, please.

what That Character from That Show We Don't Talk About would do

I don't know it's just funny to me
    I would certainly not do anything Voldemort would do in that situation
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I will keep my gf alive and I will spend three days intensively writing the new world with her approval. imo it's bad to think that no one set of values can be superior; in fact it is almost baseless. I will fix all of the things that are so terribly wrong with this world. The inferior values will be forgotten and will never appear again. If they do, they will be drowned. Humans will live in peace. "But that's boringgggg!" No it isn't, believe it or not!!!! I am speaking from personal experience: I vastly prefer peace to turmoil. u_u When there is peace, people can entertain themselves with things like self-enrichment, artistic expression, invention, altruism, and evolving as a species!! Fuck your excuses. :D
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Before you say I am selfish, consider that I die along with everyone else in this scenario, and wouldn't change that. u_u I would be an artifact of the previous world. I wouldn't belong. And that is a good thing!!
  • edited 2014-06-02 00:46:52
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Miko said:

The inferior values will be forgotten and will never appear again. If they do, they will be drowned.

Kexruct said:

From your world's ruins, another society rises, ideals of your choosing will be passed on to them to become the basis of their society, and then you will no longer be able to interfere in their affairs.

unless drowning certain values counts as a value in its own right? idk also I'm pretty sure you don't die after also hai miko
    yeah, that post seems mostly like it'd be a no-brainer, except i think drowning undesirable values is cheating

Kex made it sound like you have to specify what your values will be from the start, not fix problems as they come
    also if drowning is meant literally i wouldn't be comfortable committing murder, and don't see the need if there are more peaceful options available
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    i honestly just had a mental image of people being almost "baptized" but instead of becoming a christian they're just held underwater until they stop holding the offending value

at the very least it isn't murder
    How would that work?
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:17:57
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I would think the concept of "pushing someone's head underwater and bringing them up for air before doing it again" would be pretty self-explanatory but apparently not so;

1. grab the head
    2. push it into the water
    3. hold it down
    4. bring them up for air
    5. ask if they still believe in [ideal]
    6. if yes repeat, if no repeat anyway

if it doesn't sink in right away just take your time
    Oh, right.

I can see it being an effective way of making people pretend to change their minds, but I don't imagine it would actually change their minds, which is what I thought you were suggesting.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I figure they'd just lie about it anyway but since the situation will (presumably) never happen (in my lifetime) it's a moot point
    Also torture is as bad as murder in my book, but I was talking about effectively brainwashing an entire species so I suppose I can't talk.
    Waterboarding is torture.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    doesn't waterboarding involve a cloth over the face and the person being on their back yarrun get your facts together
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:30:28
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Teacher teacher, Yarrun can't tell torture methods apart because he never pays attention in class!
  • kill living beings
    to think, father, that we started t his thread with an innocent apocalypse
    "Waterboarding" is a euphemism for "blinding and gagging someone and forcing water into the holes they breathe through." George W. Bush didn't think that was torture for some reason. Anyway no I did not mean "drown" literally, and my scenario assumed that by imparting the values I had, society wouldn't turn around and become barbarians again, short of an earth-shattering apocalypse.