Miko embeds/watches shmup replays (and maybe more...!?)

edited 2014-09-10 21:59:08 in General
no

Comments

• edited 2014-09-10 22:05:12
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    no
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    <3

I can't wait for more content ^_^
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    <3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    SHMUPS.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Indeed. :o
    did you ever try this one

I beat the first level
  • What about Flying Red Barrel or Guxt?
    ^^ Longplays don't count as replays, Imipolex G. ^_^ They are tool-assisted and unconcerned with scoring tricks! I haven't played that one but it looks neat.

^ FRB is cute. I have it. :D I didn't know about Guxt but I just downloaded it so I will try it.
    well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me
    :p

I played Guxt. Guxt is fun, and also very old-fashioned.
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:05:40
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    no
  • Longplays are basically meant to display a game and all its features, right?

Also, yeah, FRB is really adorably cute.

Also, it shares at least one music track with Rosenkreuzstilette.  It's a track by Blue Sky!, and I think there are at least two FRB tracks by Blue Sky!.  I'd like to know the source of all of FRB's music.  Unfortunately, Rockin' Android doesn't have a forum...
    ^ In theory, yes, but the lonplays I've seen of games like Donpachi are essentially "move left, TAS through bullet cluster, move right, TAS through bullets, repeat" without scoring at all or navigating the enemy formations in ways that make sense. I do wish there were better danmaku longplays.
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:05:51
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:05:59
    no
    there are many more shmups than I ever knew existed
    They were very popular until the mid-1990s, I think, and easier to make than a lot of games (not necessarily *well,* but that is beside the point), so people used to make them a lot. After that, they became a niche thing.
    shooting stuff is fun, yes?
    People like to shoot stuff in 3D more than 2D, generally, perhaps. But yes. :p
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:06:15
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:06:23
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:06:31
    no
    I always kinda like the overhead view, since you can see what's on the ground. Makes for some nice backgrounds.

Also, those bosses know how to die good
  • edited 2014-06-04 12:27:05
    yes~ :3
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    You are very good doing a summary of games
    no u :D
    Apparently the artist for Gynoug is the same one as Cho Aniki, which is the most overtly homo-erotic shmup series of all time. :p
    OMG I remember Gynoug now. It's "that shmup where the last boss is a giant penis." :D How could I forget??
    gwa ha ha ha

• this has come to my attention
    That isn't a shmup replay. :p It is mildly amusing, though.
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:06:53
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:07:04
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:07:11
    no
    then we must make posts without embeds
    ok :D
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:07:34
    no
    *shoots things*
    :o
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:07:43
    no
    any game that lets you score in the trillions is fine by me
  • edited 2014-06-06 13:21:03
    The Raiden pack that's been uploaded to Desura lately has only one continue and is just as horribly unforgiving as its arcade incarnations.  Which makes me sad.

The only saving grace is that they have an anti-carpal-tunnel innovation: you can enable an option which makes you shoot by default and only stop shooting when pressing the fire button.  Or was it just autofire.  Either one.
    imo Cave does (did?) the best console ports and everyone should do what they do. Cave ports almost always feature infinite continues, several different gameplay modes, a training mode allowing people to set whatever game state they want from any stage or boss, score saving, replay files, online leaderboards, arcade dip switch settings, and (my personal favorite) absolutely everything being available from the first time the game is turned on.

But even still, players of this genre have historically gotten used to not having continue credits, particularly in console versions, or even if they exist, players will simply not use them, because scores are usually reset by them. So, it's not like the Raiden Legacy collection's unwillingness to be nice to beginners is unusual, even if it would have been better without being restricting.
    I also suspect that some developers (i.e. Seibu Kaihatsu) want to disguise the short length of arcade games by barring new players from experiencing the game content without mastering it from the beginning. In my opinion it plays too much into silly expectations some people have that especially have no business dealing with arcade games.
  • Actually, the result of that is that the short length of arcade games becomes even shorter, because after a few playthroughs I drop the game.
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:08:07
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:08:17
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:08:24
    no
  • edited 2014-09-10 22:08:31
    no