it's not Pure Disney enough

Comments

• ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Why do you watch the disney channel
  • edited 2014-05-26 01:02:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't watched it in more than a year, no pay TV! Even then I only watched it sparingly and caught glimpses of their disturbing self-promotional blitz during DVRed episodes of Gravity Falls

Anyway, I have a certain fondness for the Disney brand, which I feel the Disney Channel to be a betrayal of (well, my idealization of it at least)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Disney can eat a bag of dicks
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    because they show things that are not Gravity Falls
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't watched Wander Over Yonder but it's from Craig McCracken so I assume it to be good

also the Disney Channel, last I saw, shows crap like this:

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ugh, it reminds me of this shit:

incidentally, MaxX's V/O guy, Cam Brainard, has been the voice of Disney Channel for over a decade now
  • edited 2014-05-26 02:11:05
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^^ What

That's like

Literally, that's how you take something potentially funny, and suck all the comedy out of it
  • edited 2014-05-26 02:13:00
    The Disney Channel is pretty much "MICHAEL EISNER-ING INTENSIFIES"

Also, Maximum Exposure and its ilk predate BLAM! by, like, a decade...Whacked Out Sports lurches on, though.
    Anonus said:

incidentally, MaxX's V/O guy, Cam Brainard, has been the voice of Disney Channel for over a decade now

He seems eminently punchable. :P
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's awful because you touch yourself at night.

Also the Demiurge hates you.
  • edited 2014-05-26 04:59:58
    Nobody here's given me any responses like "Man I wish the Disney Channel weren't awful. ♪ Disney, Disney, Disney ♪"

interesting
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Are you surprised?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why should Disney Channel not be shit?

No media conglomerate should rule every platform and type. No conglomerate should have that much power.

Hell, they should have this much power now.
    So you say that Disney Channel being shit is the one thing keeping Disney from world domination?

They have a lock on the minds of middle school girls...but they're repulsive to most other people

No, I'm not surprised...I guess I'm just WAY more into Disney than most people here are
    You can be forgiven for your fanatic devotion. You drank their Kool-Aid.

But it has to stop. You need to reclaim your agency, your choices, your will.

You must, or they'll get you.
    Will my head sprout perfectly circular mouse ears?
    The mouse ears will never stop growing. You will be crushed by the weight.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Why should Disney Channel not be shit?

No media conglomerate should rule every platform and type. No conglomerate should have that much power.
    In all seriousness, this frightens me
  • The mouse ears are clearly spherical because they're the same outline from all directions

• For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    But they move with the camera, so they never overlap each other no matter what angle you're looking from. There's no way they're Euclidean.
  • non-Euclidean ears

makes me think of Antichamber
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean - vol 75 ch 698 Page 13 | Batoto!
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean - vol 75 ch 698 Page 14 | Batoto!

• My dreams exceed my real life
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean - vol 75 ch 699 Page 11 | Batoto!
    Jeffrey Katzenberg sent Shrek to kill Mickey

Katz took some Dip with him when he left Disney and he still had it
    Oh, hey, it's the plot of Mickey's 60th Birthday!