[SFW] General SFW Thread

edited 2014-05-09 19:34:53 in General
Everything in this thread is 100% appropiate for work.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Tagged:

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    that Steiner isn't suitable for general design

you want what the corporate world wants these days? try Archer, or Brandon Grotesque, or Omnes, or some other rounded typeface, or, well, Gotham
  • I'm surprised your job allows you to waste so much budget on humidifiers and designer furniture.

That said:
    Would love to work here.

And:
    If these tables are equipped with lots of electrical outlets, this looks like a very good setup for a Mystery Hunt team.

If I become rich, I'm inviting you to join me on a night of wild...debauchery consisting of posting random things on an internet forum.  Also, Mystery Hunt.

Also:
    Those keyboards always intrigued me, because the top row of extra buttons is surrounded by a plastic cover that can be flipped open.  Rarely would anyone ever open the cover to label them, there would almost always be grime beneath them and the cover would occasionally be missing.

Still, they were among the better keyboards that were used in the Athena clusters.  Also they had a Windows keyboard layout -- the Sun keyboard layout ones were confusing as hell.

...which I guess was appropriate since Tech is hell.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I've actually use a Sun keyboard in the past, and yeah, they are definitely weird if you're used to the IBM Model M layout (which is standard on everything now). 
  • Sun keyboards are probably responsible for so much RSI because they only have one CONTROL key.  Imagine using Emacs with that, and the hand contortions necessary.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yikes.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Someone needs to make a Moon keyboard
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have an urge to transgress.