A Music Discussion Heap of The Heapers' Hangout Forum [NO EMBEDS]

Comments

• edited 2015-12-12 02:22:11

AFX - Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006-08

45 seconds into this this is the dopest thing ive ever heard from mister twin
  • AND MOST STARTLINGLY OF ALL

Theologian - Some Things Have To Be Endured

funny thing: the artwork for this is censored, but they didnt censor the art for The Money Store
  • edited 2015-12-12 05:25:33
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    @the library haul: Wow!
  • edited 2015-12-13 03:16:15
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm listening to those 1965 Pink Floyd demos now.

This is basically something where every song is "Take Thy Stethoscope And Walk".
  • Jane said:

So I've determined that more than krautrock specifically, what I really like is analog ambient albums.

Digital is fine too of course, but stuff like Cluster's Sowiesoso fills me with a warm happiness I don't get from many other genres of music.

To that end, if anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them, especially since those albums are also great for sampling :3
    @Sredni?

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Based on that album specifically, I am pretty sure that you would really enjoy Peaking Lights, Bügsküll, early Brian Eno (specifically circa Another Green World), and certain Coil releases—check out the songs "Tiny Golden Books" and "Another Brown World", in particular.
  • god i wish the library here had stuff like that
  • really happy that the drums dont sound super renoise-y, that was starting to sound more than a little samey
    Venetian Snares going analogue. This is beautiful and oddly relaxing. I think even Jane might enjoy this.
  • John Frusciante is so cool

his earlier stuff leaned on datach'i a bit too much but he has really come into his own and his stuff makes me so happy
  • my problem with Venetian has always been that his drums were too noisy and lacked any kind of actual groove, so I might check this out.

Lotta latecoming good albums in 2015 thus far between this and Pusha's mixtape.
  • edited 2015-12-18 01:00:46

aaron also has an acid techno/ambient moniker called Last Step that you may be interested in
    The drums on the one preview track mesh with the simple, already very rhythmic synth hooks in a way that feels at once very VSnares and yet also very... drum'n'bass? It has that combined frantic movement and slow motion detachment going on, like gliding through the air while the car you leapt out of flips twice behind you and explodes without flames.
  • John Frusciante is so cool

his earlier stuff leaned on datach'i a bit too much but he has really come into his own and his stuff makes me so happy
    https://jfdirectlyfromjf.bandcamp.com

he has a bunch of free stuff here, it's so nice and filled with warm fuzzies
  • i never thought that The Red Hot Chili Peppers Man would be a really cool and awesome musician who makes cool music but here we are
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    All of the people behind the Red Hot Chili Peppers are talented people and are capable of making good music if they wanted to, with the exception of Anthony Kledis.
  • that would prolly be some sort of sick burn but idk who that is

mostly i am feeling super hyped about this cool music
  • Sredni VashtarSredni Vashtar
    makes a weird amused throat noise.
    /me makes a weird amused throat noise.
  • /me makes a weird amused throat noise.

:The KLF plays in the background:
  • edited 2015-12-18 01:25:11
    Anthony Kledis is the vocalist for the RHCP.

He fit well enough early on, but he never really learned how to properly sing as the group became more conventional, which makes for a very grating sound.
  • seriously, it is so strange to have some dude from a meh bro rock band make some of the sickest stuff i have ever heard

it's like if you learned that autechre were the masterminds behind creed or something
  • also y'all are not gonna go off on Anthony Kledis.

Whatever else he may have done, he's responsible for "Under The Bridge", which is one of the greatest pieces of pop music in recent memory.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Dave Navarro sends us Christmas cards every year.
  • Dave Navarro sends us Christmas cards every year.

you've said this before and I've asked you to explain several times, and you have, but I keep forgetting.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My mom was best friends with a lady who is now either his stepmom, or his mother in law, I forget which, when she lived in California.
  • edited 2015-12-18 01:31:59
    I am generally OK with RHCP. They were very into Gang of Four early on, which is a good style to cop if you must cop a style, and they had more of a sense of humour about their increasing musical ambition than most such bands of their ilk.

Also, yes, John Frusciante is now a breakcore producer of some note and apparently a swell guy as well.

^ That is cool.
    Mike Patton and his associates still do smoke the RHCP in terms of both humour and musical ambition, in my estimation.
    If I am not mistaken, Navarro got his start in the LA post-punk/death-rock scene, which was kind of the precursor to American Gothic rock. Lemme see...

Ah, apparently the *rest* of Jane's Addiction were in Psi Com. Cool. I've been meaning to look into them.

Mike Patton and his associates still do smoke the RHCP in terms of both humour and musical ambition, in my estimation.

Not the same world to me. Both had funk-punk elements but that's like comparing The Contortions to, well, Gang of Four.
    Understandable.

I might've associated them in my head because of the weird feud they had with each other.
    Stupid beefs are stupid, even if both bands are decent. The best stupid beefs are between equally lame or irrelevant people, but too often that's not the case.

Anyway!

I full well intend to dig into some of Frusciante's solo madness later. In the meantime, I will be off chilling out and considering sleep. Fare ye well, music peeps.
  • Mike Patton and his associates still do smoke the RHCP in terms of both humour and musical ambition, in my estimation.

why everything gotta be a competition
    Jane said:

Sredni already corrected me on that. I'm sorry.

Enjoy RHCP if you want. I do quite like "Police Helicopter" myself.
  • comparing art to other pieces of art is generally a dicey endeavor imo

b/c in order for the comparison to work properly they would have to be near identical in intent and manner of execution, and there is so much variance in those things
  • edited 2015-12-18 01:58:15
    I've been trying to get better about not doing that kind of thing, but I do backslide every once in a while.
  • Jane said:

Sredni already corrected me on that. I'm sorry.

Enjoy RHCP if you want. I do quite like "Police Helicopter" myself.
    I actually am only a cursory RHCP fan myself it's just that that mentality bugs me.

like people always comparing J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar.
  • I just realized that that Venetian Snares album only has one track available for streaming....
  • well, its not out until February so
  • edited 2015-12-20 05:56:16
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Armonico Hewa is fun and engaging as heck. I'll have to go through sometime later and listen to the songs as I read the lyrics, though. Still, it's hella energetic, bizarre, and at least to me feels intentionally disjointed (but in a way I enjoy). Pleasant album.
  • I have somehow never heard of Liquid Liquid before today.

Apparently their frontman was the kind of person who liked to go after artists who sampled/covered his work, so that kinda sucks, but w/e.

I've heard a lot of these basslines flipped before but not in their original context. It's like finding the Rosetta Stone or something.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Suicide Invoice is really not my style, in like any way, I'm pretty sure. Still glad I checked it out.

OOIOO on the other hand was an utter pleasure. Really I think I can get down with all sorts of Japanoise music. Particulars for me are "50I02," for its wildness, "Right Hand Ponk," "Tease Her," "In O," for feeling loudly peaceful, and I think I can get down with "Sister 001" too.
    Please do give a listen to Boris's Flood if you're listening to Japanoise. I think you'd quite like it.