Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach

edited 2014-05-04 14:53:03 in General
I feel it in the air, the summer's out of reach

Empty lake, empty streets, the sun goes down alone

I'm driving by your house, though I know you're not home!

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I can hear the music in my head but I can't remember the lyrics.  :(
  • I actually really hate this song. It makes me incredibly depressed when I listen to it--moreso than is normal for music--and I tend to avoid it as much as possible.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I actually really hate this song. It makes me incredibly depressed when I listen to it--moreso than is normal for music--and I tend to avoid it as much as possible.

:(
  • But I can see you! Your brown skin shinin' in the sun.
    You got your hair combed back and your sunglasses on, baby
    And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
    After the boys of summer have gone!
  • listening now i gotta say this dude's vox make me wanna

turn this thing off
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yay, somebody actually sang along with me for once!

*gives Haven a coupon for doughnuts*
  • Well, I didn't want you to feel sing-led out
  • i, for ages, thought he was singing 'i can see you, your breasts keep shining in the sun'

i also have no idea what this song is, other than absolute radio had it on serious rotation about 6 years ago or so and never fucking told me what it was
  • i had never heard or heard of this song until this thread
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I actually really hate this song. It makes me incredibly depressed when I listen to it--moreso than is normal for music--and I tend to avoid it as much as possible.

To be fair, it is kind of a sad song if you pay attention to the verses. It seems like getting old and losing all of your friends was a common theme in Don Henley songs in the 1980s...
    sunn wolf said:

i, for ages, thought he was singing 'i can see you, your breasts keep shining in the sun'

i also have no idea what this song is, other than absolute radio had it on serious rotation about 6 years ago or so and never fucking told me what it was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(song)
  • i had never heard or heard of this song until this thread

it's one of those songs that gets a lot of play on "classic pop" stations and almost nowhere else.
    lee4hmz said:

To be fair, it is kind of a sad song if you pay attention to the verses. It seems like getting old and losing all of your friends was a common theme in Don Henley songs in the 1980s...
    I suppose hate is a strong word but I don't like listening to it. At least not the whole thing.
    I'm actually old enough that I remember when it was on Top 40 radio x.x
  • *gets some heavily frosted vanilla donuts*
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

i had never heard or heard of this song until this thread

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    me neither