Bruno Mars is a sadist

edited 2014-04-26 21:04:41 in General
The protagonists of his songs are often experiencing extreme emotions.

THERE

DONE

*drops mic*

Comments

• for a second I was thinking "wasn't that the guy everyone on tumblr hates because of dallas buyers club" but then I realized that was jared leto, his band is just called 30 seconds to mars
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    -calica said:

for a second I was thinking "wasn't that the guy everyone on tumblr hates because of dallas buyers club" but then I realized that was jared leto, his band is just called 30 seconds to mars

Why would they hate him.

He's just an actor, he takes what roles they give him.

Why not the casting agent or the director?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Bruno Mars is a sadist for wanting us to listen to his music
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    *sends Imipolex G back into the weed garden with a Dopesmoker record*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Odradek said:

-calica said:

for a second I was thinking "wasn't that the guy everyone on tumblr hates because of dallas buyers club" but then I realized that was jared leto, his band is just called 30 seconds to mars

Why would they hate him.

Don't you know that being a white cis man and playing a trans woman is literally an act of violence against trans women?

/SJW logic
    on vinyl? awesome

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Wouldn't call it an act of violence, but that's still not a cool thing to do.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (The misuse of "violence" is something certain bloggers do. I found it worthy of mockery)
  • edited 2014-04-26 22:10:35

(*crudely drawn stick figure of Jared Leto in drag beating up a transexual stick figure while a stick figure Peggy McIntosh looks on horrified, shedding a single tear*)
  • edited 2014-04-26 22:14:28
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    At any rate, Bruno Mars also has the sexual potency of a gorilla.

You should let that mental image steep into your mind.
  • real talk tho jared leto can be kinda cute sometimes
  • edited 2014-04-26 22:15:29

though his face is kinda small and he tends toward a kinda generic pretty boy thing that can be offputting
  • Odradek said:

-calica said:

Why would they hate him.

I dunno, I think a role or a portrayal can be bad enough that the actor involved should say "no" even in the middle of the film.  I don't know if Dallas Buyers Club is that bad because all I know is that Jared Leto played a trans woman, and I bet this is true for a lot of people, not just the ones who are outraged.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Was it a pre-HRT character or not? This makes a difference.
  • edited 2014-04-26 23:32:06

I don't think it was explicitly stated either way, but given that she was a sex worker living in texas in the year 1985 i'd assume that she would have had a very hard time getting HRT.
    HRT is kind of like food and shelter, in that it's actually extremely cheap to supply and there is more than enough for everyone in the entire world several orders of magnitude over, but the shittiness of humankind results in there being people with nothing and no way to get it, and by design. Humans think there *should* be people rotting in the mud and filth.

Which brings me to the fact that ^ you are probably correct.
  • your pessimism about human nature is so boring

it is as if you do not know any actual, functioning people
  • The movie's portrayal of Leto's character, as well as LBGT in general, is actually pretty sympathetic. Sure, it's a movie about a cishet dude, but it's a movie about a cishet person helping LGBT folks and getting over his prejudice, which isn't bad for Hollywood Oscar Bait. Only issue is that they chose an actor rather than an actress for the part. 

Now that I've read this thread, I find it interesting to compare this to the issue with the Hunger Games a few months back (i.e. Jennifer Lawrence playing a character defined as 'olive-skinned') and the Avatar clusterkerfluffle a few years back. Everybody agreed that the actors and actresses were overly white to be playing those characters, but blame got focused on the casting crew and M. Night, respectively. With Leto, the blame seems to be focused on him because he got an Oscar and got put on the Time 100 List for it (a thing that I will now call the Macklemore Award Law). 

And while I'm on the topic of the Hunger Games, they really did mess up with that one, didn't they? A future where races have intermixed heavily, and the movie's still 80+% white.
  •  it's a movie about a white person helping LGBT folks and getting over his prejudice
    those white people keeping us homosexuals down

confound them eternally
  • Whoops, my bad.

Only noticed I was adding white in non-relevant places halfway through the thing. Thought I got all of those.
  • those white cishet SCUMLORDS

(*shakes paw*)
    I have been told by actual, functioning people that my gender identity is gross, weird, and wrong. I've been taught by actual, functioning people that the homeless are greedy and insane and that poor people are lazy and incompetent. I was, many times, consistently, bullied harshly and beaten upon by actual, functioning people, because I was different from them and unable to conform. I've been blamed for nearly my entire life for things that were not my fault, and led to believe they were my fault until rather recently, by actual, functioning people. Every murderer, torturer, abuser, warmonger, thief, and bigot is an actual, functioning person. The endless cruelty of humanity is not a figment of my imagination.
    I can't really disagree
    Oh, I know, nearly every violent and disgusting act is followed by someone going home to their family and perhaps giving them a "hello" or even a gesture of affection, and perhaps feeding their pet, or telling their child that they are loved. Most people aren't sociopaths. But that doesn't mean human society isn't disgusting and oppressive.
  • why, someone could do something sadistic and then sing a song!

and wear a hat and smile doing it!

THE AVATAR OF GENOCIDE COMETH
    I will one day rule the world with my gf and we will create paradise. u_u
  • you have to admit that was the best rerail of all time
    :o
    I'm less gloomy when I'm high or drunk, I promise!
  • i must say i prefer you sober.
    ^_^;