ITT: We do what Nintendon't

2»

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    .........ok, you got me.

:p
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Zelda II
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    The higher difficulty levels of Fire Emblem
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ has a save point on the last palace, and is therefore reasonable
    my ass
  • saaaaaaaaay gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    -calica said:

saaaaaaaaay gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• My dreams exceed my real life
    You'll never find another love like Sega 32X 

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    OMG XTREEM PAINTBOX EFFECTS! TRY DOING THOSE ON YOUR SNES!
    I almost kinda wish the Sega CD could've been successful. They tried so hard to make it seem like the next really cool thing

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I remember thinking the Sega CD was pretty impressive as a kid

For about a year before Sony came along with the PlayStation and kicked its ass
    The "adding a CD drive to an existing console" concept was just doomed. It didn't improve things enough to actually constitute a worthwhile upgrade.

(I still had one, though)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, plus part of me thinks the technology just wasn't mature enough yet.
    That 32X promo was really hilarious and also really bad.
    Also this song is kind of nice.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    haven't finished the 32X promo

but the effect around 1:07 used to be everywhere in the '90s and then just disappeared
    Guitar distortion with compression on the lower frequencies?
    yeah, that's just a generic guitar riff I've played a million times
    Here's a guitar line that sounds properly bizarre:

I understand they used a Roland Jet Phaser (phaser with LFO and distortion) to get that tone.
  • edited 2014-04-22 20:35:40
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Miko said:

Guitar distortion with compression on the lower frequencies?

no, that weird zoom-in on the 32X

commercials in the '90s loved that shit
    oh
    Most of the effects in that look like Video Toaster or Avid tricks, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a preset effect someplace...