Sidewalk Closed

edited 2014-04-04 22:13:54 in General
What now, motherfuckers?? :D

Comments

• (*goes on the sidewalk*)

(*WITH A TRAIN*)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hooligan!

*goes chasing after you on foot, which is rather ineffective*

I'm a princess, not The Flash
  • coleslaw

also holy bad art batman
  • you take back your insulting teana

right now
  • i'm sorry but that looks like something straight out of a How 2 Draw Anime book
  • Teana is a town and comune in the province of Potenza, in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata. Some of the local landmarks and points of interest are the ruins of a Lombard Castle, the Church of our Lady of Mount Carmel, the Chapel of San Christofaro, and the Chapel of Santa Maria delle Grazie. In the past, the region was known for the production of silk from silkworms.

According to the corresponding article at Italian Wikipedia, the name Teana is a derivative of the Greek word "Theano", the wife of Pythagoras, the philosopher, mathematician, and founder of the religious movement called Pythagoreanism. Local legend states the town was formed from members of Pythagorean school.

nifty
  • i'm sorry but that looks like something straight out of a How 2 Draw Anime book

And just for that, I'm going to go to that piece's dA page and praise it.

And just for that, I'm going to go to that piece's dA page and praise it.
    you're praising bad art jsyk
  • also it looks like the faces were literally just copy-pasted on

look at the fucking martian manhunter
  • fyi i've seen shitty anime art and this isn't it

and i don't know the martian manhunter but look at everyone else
  • edited 2014-04-05 03:04:36

man you got looooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ass standards for anime fanart then smh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    At least this issue has distracted you from the closed sidewalk
  • edited 2014-04-05 03:12:04

man you got looooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ass standards for anime fanart then smh

well then why don't you go find something that you think sucks but is still better than this

or whatever you think is in your high-end of the low

because i see clean lines, clear features and facial expressions and colors, decent shading, and no out-of-proportion body parts
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    You kids and your anime genderbends, back in my day we just slapped on some eyelashes and boobs, maybe a bow and called it a day
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also isn't the DCAU Green Lantern black

and doesn't Martian Manhunter have green skin
  • man you got looooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ass standards for anime fanart then smh

actually i just downloaded the high-res version and i think i have a lower opinion of that

such as the shine looking a bit off

good thing the low res version mostly hides it

/me keeps the low res version around because it's better

(note that low res isn't even all that low; it's still 1024x740)
  • Anonus said:

yeah the DCAU used John Stewart, who is black, but the Green Lanterns all wear full-body suits so the only place you'd see his skin color was pasted over

the Martian Manhunter does indeed have green skin, and the version GMH posted does...below the neck.
  • most effective derail ever
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Anonus said:

THese two things bug me along with them not making Hawk Girl and Wonder Women dudes... I'd even settle for generic looking, animu dudes. 
  • imo it's just irksome that they kept those two female yet still changed their appearance, purple-haired hawk girl is weirding me out.
  • I think they're all nanohas and i'm not sure nanoha has any dudely characters
  • edited 2014-04-07 05:07:56
    Yeah, they're all Nanoha characters, so they're kinda constrained as to what they could put.

They could have gone with male characters, but there aren't that many among the main characters (listed here by the season they were introduced; not all characters appear in later seasons):
    S1: Nanoha Yuuno Fate Arf Chrono Lindy Precia Suzuka Arisa
    A's: Hayate Signum Vita Shamal Zafira Reinforce Gil Aria Lotte
    StrikerS: Subaru Teana Erio Caro ReinforceZwei Ginga Carim Verossa Schach Vivio Lutecia Zest Agito Jail Uno Due Tre Quattro Cinque Sei Sette Otto Nove Dieci Wendi Deed

(bold are male characters, italics are the characters shown in the picture)

I think it also has something to do with their abilities.  For example, one of Fate's abilities is super speed, so she's cast as The Flash.