Things it took you far too long to realize

2»

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I know it does, but I'm talking about why they chose the name for their mobile operating system
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    and why is that?
    Anonus said:

Android's name derives from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

• he's asking why that is the case
    yes, what is the connection? other than the word "android"
    I only made the connection once I also thought of the fact that there's the Nexus-brand Android devices...
    tenuous.
  • edited 2014-11-25 21:30:45
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Nexus is named after Nexus 6 from Electric Sheep/Blade Runner, yes, but Android itself probably not, since the first few Android reference devices weren't even called Nexus!
    hm

guess I'm being dumb again
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

hm

guess I'm being dumb again
    Well, you got the Nexus = Nexus reference, so you're half-right
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Centy and 'nonus, it took you two far too long to realize that you were in love.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz said:

Centy and 'nonus, it took you two far too long to realize that you were in love.

This is true.
    I realized it like a year before she did
    The reason Amazon.com can get away with using simple, easy-to-open packaging instead of obnoxious blister packs is that they don't have a physical storefront where they'd have to worry about people opening packages to steal crap.
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    It's a tumour.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    That J-Lo was not the name of a male rapper, but was, in fact, a moniker for Jennifer Lopez. 

I spent years believing J-Lo was a famous rapper or something.
  • well in a way J-Lo is a famous rapper but those two descriptors aren't connected.
    I was well into my adult years before I understood that that logo on a 1.44 MB floppy disk...

...is "HD" for "high density", not "CH" like I'd always assumed as a kid.

In my defense, who looks at floppy disks with the inserted end up? The labels were almost always printed the other way around, in my experience.
    I thought it was "CH" too!