43 Cartoon Theme Song Mashup

edited 2014-03-27 15:36:16 in General Media
Honestly kind of surprised at some of what made it in:

I will give you two omissions that upset me: Tom & Jerry (though those shorts had multiple opening themes) and The Ren & Stimpy Show.

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That was pretty fun.
  • edited 2014-03-28 03:10:06
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    That was awesome. :D

i don't think omissions are anything to feel upset about, since they couldn't include everything.  They didn't have Arthur, for instance.  Or Recess.  i was hoping there'd be one of the old British cartoon themes in there, like Count Duckula or The Family Ness, but i'm not at all surprised that there wasn't.  Maybe they'll make a sequel sometime with more themes.

Also there was only one cartoon in there i didn't recognize, and i checked the description and it was a show called Bobby's World.  Irony!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm surprised that Bobby's World is even in there; of all the '90s cartoons, it doesn't seem to be very well-remembered...

Recess, like its One Saturday Morning brethren, seems to have been mostly forgotten, thanks to the Disney Vault.

I was thinking, if Cinar's version of Madeline was in there, why not Arthur?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    because they only had 5 minutes and it didn't fit the mix, i'm guessing

Bobby's World was never shown on British terrestrial TV, no wonder i hadn't heard of it
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It was a show owned by Fox Family Worldwide; after a stint of Disney Vault captivity, it was rescued by Moonscoop in 2007.
  • I was kind of expecting an actual mashup, not an orchestral piece.

Still cool I guess, but the tunes are harder to recognize in that form, so I like it less than I otherwise might.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i find the orchestration more interesting, in a way, not that i have anything against mashups
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Anonus said:

I'm surprised that Bobby's World is even in there; of all the '90s cartoons, it doesn't seem to be very well-remembered...

• edited 2014-03-28 13:36:06
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    90s Nick is apparently the bitter, arrested-development adult version of 90's Kid from Atop the Fourth Wall. :lol:

Also, I used to see this attitude among computer geeks a lot, especially ones that were around for the AI boom of the 1970s and early 1980s. "Back in MY day, we had Lisp machines and ITS and those Eunuchs people are a bunch of weenies and...wait, where are you going? We can play m-x doctor!"