Tim Burton's Trash Heap

edited 2014-03-26 16:48:09 in General
starring Johnny Depp as Anonus and Helena Bonham Carter as Central Avenue

music by Danny Elfman
Tagged:

Comments

• Actually, I dont think Anny would be played by Depp, simply because neither of you are known for wearing hats.

Depp will play Aliroz.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I wonder who will play me, the minor character who half of people find annoying and the other half find cute? Will I be played by Yuffie Kisaragi?
  • edited 2014-03-26 17:28:42
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Actually, I dont think Anny would be played by Depp, simply because neither of you are known for wearing hats.

Depp will play Aliroz.

Presumably with a hat, right?

I never really liked Tim Burton movies, but this might work.

GUess I'll be eddie scissorteeth.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I find that Tim Burton movies have aged better as I have grown older. I love the excess of Batman Returns and Beetlejuice, as well as Edward Scissorhands.

Also Ed Wood is a classic.

His more recent stuff tends to suck, though.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I recall Big Fish being a favorite of mine.
  • My sister and I love Sweeney Todd.

I myself like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as well (the original film is better, yes, but if one takes them as separate works Burton actually did a pretty good job).

also, even though he didn't actually make it, The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory well enough. I prefer the 1971 adaptation, as I'm sure you guessed from those Veruca Salt avatars I used to use (if you knew me back then, at least), but I like Burton's take on it as well, even if there are certain decisions I disagree with.

Corpse Bride was pretty cool too.
  • One of them is called Willy Wonka and the Chocobo Factory, the other is Charlie and the Peach factory.

Charles and his magnificent seven is th Burton film.

Willy Wonka and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the Gene 1971 version.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Pee Wee's Big Adventure

"tell 'em Large Marge sent ya"
  • Tim Burton's The Trash Heap Before Christmas: the Heap King
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory well enough. I prefer the 1971 adaptation, as I'm sure you guessed from those Veruca Salt avatars I used to use (if you knew me back then, at least), but I like Burton's take on it as well, even if there are certain decisions I disagree with.

Corpse Bride was pretty cool too.

Corpse Bride: another one of the million things I must watch
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Shall we add it to the AU/CA Movie Night pile?