A gameboy is like a walkman but with games for kids

edited 2014-03-23 21:03:52 in General
Did I just BLOW YOUR MIND??????

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When I was like 7 I had a portable tape player (I don't think it was Walkman brand, but it was a name brand) and a copy of the Lion King soundtrack

I listened to that thing all the time. It also had an AM/FM radio!
  • Male as default strikes again, when will it ever cease and desist.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Would you prefer the gender-neutral version?

(Spoiler alert: No, you wouldn't.)
  • I'd prefer Game Baby, It's genderless and you can put it in your mouth.

• It's weird to think that the largest Gameboy games were only the size of a minute long MP3.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ...that is weird
  • I don't think I ever had an original gameboy.

I did have a color though, and in fact still have said gameboy color. Still works, too! The screen's real faded after all these years though.
    i also had a gameboy color but not a gameboy

i haven't touched it in forever, but i think it's still at my parents' house somewhere, assuming it didn't get thrown out
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I had the original Game Boy

never liked the name, made me vaguely uncomfortable

but some of the games were good, in spite of the little monochrome screen
  • First and only handheld was a Gameboy Advance. The first game was the Gameboy Color version of Super Mario Bros.

I didn't even know they had a NES version until I was 12.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I was too poor to get a Game Boy when the original was out, but I know I had several of the POPStation-ish knockoffs. :P
    My brother and I got into the Game Boy phenomenon relatively late. I think Game Boy Advance was our first?

Though we do have a Game Boy Color around here somewhere. Someone left it at my grandparents' house years ago and after it sat on his coffee table for years, he finally just gave it to me.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what about a Game Man
  • Anonus said:

what about a Game Man

that's called a football.
  • edited 2014-03-24 15:48:09
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    My first Game Boy was a GBC, seeing as I wasn't even born when the GB came out. Hell, I was only 5 when the GBC came out (although that was a few days before my birthday.)

(Actually purple "Grape", although it's faded thanks to being about 16 years old.)
  • A gameboy is like a walkman but minus the radio and tape-playing capabilities and with a different set of buttons and requiring more batteries and draining them faster and being differently-shaped and having a monochrome screen and being able to use game cartridges.

Since Myrm posted this, it's probably copied from somewhere else, so I'd like to know who first posted this, to tell them that the comparison is silly.
  • I had a purple seethrough Game Boy Color with a Barbie game or two and a terrible Arthur minigame collection game. My sister and I shared it.

I also got a GBA SP about 7 years later. I had Nicktoons Unite! and one of those GBA Video cartridges with Cartoon Network stuff on it. My sister got her own too, though beyond one Bratz game I can't remember what else she had. My brother also got 2 DSes. Only the DSi usable, as the 3DS got its top screen cracked.

My dad had a PSP too. I played on it a lot. We got the goods on that one, too: Need for Speed, Hot Wheels, a multitude of UMD movies, Daxter, and some other stuff I can't remember. I got my own about 5 years later, as a gift from my best friend. I tried to play Cave Story on it and failed miserably on the one level with the sand dunes.

And now Vita and Rehman and Tearaway and bluh bluh Tre likes vidya gamz
  • i got a well-loved purple gameboy color with pokemon silver when i was like 12
  • I never had Pokemon. It was weird-- I'd seen the anime and whatnot but I never took an interest and I guess my sister didn't either.

I was a weird boy. Beyond the Game Boys, our gaming was mostly oriented toward Sony and its direct competitor at the time up until the Wii came out.

(This is also the reason why I don't particularly consider myself super attached to Mario, despite its role in my favorite genre-- and, indirectly, why Rayman ended up becoming my favorite instead)
  • I loved my Game Boy line. Brought me so many great games.
  • I had an original Game Boy.  I sucked at Kirby because I was a dumb baby.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

who *isn't* younger than miko :'(
  • Miko said:

who *isn't* younger than miko :'(

methuselah
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I read to check this guy's age and I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Mundi this. Now I am even more upset.
    w/e

*shoots herself*
    no don't do that

iirc i'm not younger than you, which would mean CA isn't either

and i know Justice and Imi aren't
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok :o *clings*
  • edited 2014-03-25 03:56:54
    (flower path)
    i'm 23.  i'll turn 24 in like two months and a week

how old is miko
    miko is 21 ._.
    i'm 24.
  • Ol' Witch of The Rake
    I'm 614.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I had a Game Boy Pocket, games I remember having were Aladdin, Pokemon Blue and Silver and one of those Game and Watch Gallery games.

Later I got a Game Boy Advance, and I also won a Game Boy Advance SP from a promotion on a magazine
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I am older than Miko.

Anno Mundi is pretty funny