Korn is, like, so profound guys

edited 2014-03-21 13:27:11 in General

Comments

• edited 2014-03-21 14:44:05

im getting NIN vibes from the guitar in the quieter parts here, which is something i haven't gotten from korn before

also some moderately nifty drum work

but yeah a 40 year old man writing and singing those lyrics is cringeworthy and the heavy parts are roughly as heavy as a hollow bowling ball made of styrofoam
  • You know, just once I want to see the kinds of people who say stuff like this portrayed as what they really are; not modern day prophets but teenagers and middle-aged men who have too much time on their hands.
  • Kexruct said:

You know, just once I want to see the kinds of people who say stuff like this portrayed as what they really are; not modern day prophets but teenagers and middle-aged men who have too much time on their hands.

dude that's what everyone thinks about them anyways

besides their fans that is
  • If movies, books, games, etc. are to be believed though this isn't the case.  I don't think I've ever seen something that wasn't an outright comedy where the conspiracy theorists were wrong. 
  • because a serious book about conspiracy theories that turn out to be wrong would be pretty boring
  • Not necessarily. "Reality ensues" narratives tend to be pretty interesting.
  • because a serious book about conspiracy theories that turn out to be wrong would be pretty boring

actually that could own if done right. you could really go into some depth about how willing human beings are to ignore the fact they are obviously wrong to defend the beliefs they have invested their identity with, how easily they will escalate things for fear that part of who they are is totally false
  • ps i didnt listen to the youtube in the op. because korn owns bones and i already know this. gosh. thank you.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

because a serious book about conspiracy theories that turn out to be wrong would be pretty boring

Foucault's Pendulum.
  • umberto eco could write a phone book and it would be a contender for the best book of the year, he dont count
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Hey, it's the Antonio Banderas inflatable love doll!
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Hey, it's the Antonio Banderas inflatable love doll!

Beaten to the reference... 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was gonna say, Foucault's Pendulum.

Also, Illuminatus! doesn't really have the conspiracy theory be "right" so much as "WTF, just WTF"

I wonder if Korn got their name from Colonel Korn in Catch-22. Probally not
  • When thinking of a band name, someone suggested "corn", but the band rejected that name, so Shaffer had the idea to spell the name with both a "K" instead of a "C", and a backwards "R", so the band's name would appear as "KoЯn".[26] The logo was designed by vocalist Jonathan Davis.[7] Silveria explained, "the music makes the name, because Korn's a dumb name. But once we get established, it makes the name cool."[27]
    things i am getting out of this:

* someone in the band seriously suggested that they call themselves "Corn"
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    maybe because there's already a band called Bread
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    If you trust the US government you are either horribly uneducated, too young, or a moron.
  • one should trust the government to do exactly what it will do