ITT: We're in a Matrix movie

edited 2014-02-18 10:15:19 in Roleplay & Games
So lately, guys, I've been getting this feeling that I spend too much time on my computer. Like the machine's controlling me or something. I just don't get it, sometimes. Feel like I have to unwind, or unplug or whatever. You know, I'm so connected to my computer sometimes that I feel totally blind. To the real world, I mean. Like it doesn't exist. Get what I'm saying?

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The real world is a lie.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram.  Buy gold.  Bye!
  • My parents were both killed by terrorists in the same day, my mom worked a desk job when a helicopter crashed into the window and my dad was a security guard trying to carve out a decent living.

I was 10 years old when that happened, apparently some people look at this massacre and cheer, what monsters.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *dodges bullets in slow-mo*
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Johnny Fiveaces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. “Damn.” he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston’s Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. Damn, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we’re out of. It’s almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn’t cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of “CAPITAL”. He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop’s slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it cyber hard.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Woah.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    So who wants to make references to literary and religious ideas and concepts while not understanding what any of the references mean at all, to create the air (very stale air) of mysticism?

So who wants to make references to literary and religious ideas and concepts while not understanding what any of the references mean at all, to create the air (very stale air) of mysticism?

More than one engram chain will be found in
    every aberree. When he becomes a preclear,
    the auditor does well to discover the earliest
    engram chain. It is not always possible to do this with accuracy since
    a preclear is sometimes in such a nervous condition that he cannot
    be worked on his basic chain, but must be alleviated in a greater or
    lesser degree by the exhaustion of a later and more available chain.
    This last, however, is not the usual case.
    The auditor should clearly understand certain working principles
    and definitions. By an engram is meant amoment ofunconsciousness
    accompanied by physical pain and conceived antagonism. There are
    two classes ofengrams. One is the basic engram, which is the earliest
    engram on an engram chain. The other is the engram lock, which is
    an engram of the same character and kind on the same dynamic as
    the basic engram of the chain. An engram chain is, then, composed
    of a basic engram and a series of engram locks. Engram chains also
    contain ordinary locks, which are instances of mental anguish more
    or less known to the analytical mind. These are often mistaken by
    the preclear for the cause of his conduct. Atrue engram is unknown
    to the conscious computer of the preclear, but underlies it as a false
    datum on which is erected almost equally unknown engram locks
    and an enormous number of locks.
    '\... The analytical mind has had its circuits jammed with a great deal
    of extraneous information and erroneous data furnished by the
    reactive mind and made to serve as a basic purpose to the analytical
    mind. These purposes, as furnished by the reactive mind, are of the
    " character of positive suggestions of timeless duration which, when
    restimulated by perceptions in the environment of the individual,
    become as new personalities.
    Actually, it is not even of interest to the auditor how many
    personalities the"awake" aberrated individual has assumed or can
    \ manifest. In the basic engram, he will find that the personality is
    integrated, that the individual is within himself. And byfollowing up
    by careful steps the engram chain, along any and all dynamics, the
    auditor will continually reintegrate the individual until he is at last
    in present time as an integrated being-the analytical mind, the "I",
    being in entire command and possession of the individual. As the
    analytical mind also contains the basic personality ofthe individual,
    for purposes ofthis illustration, and as that basic personality is good
    and does obey all the dynamics implicitly and is the personality with
    which the individual will be most happy and successful, the auditor
    need pay no attention to the number of times that personality has
    been split or depressed beyond his initial diagnosis which will permit
    him to reach the basic engram.
    -L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics
  • okay but check out my trenchcoat
  • edited 2014-02-18 19:13:24
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Odradek said:

Johnny Fiveaces powered down the magnabike with a not quite unhearble hum and checked his chronometer. “Damn.” he hissed threw his clinched teeth which were surrounded by the stubble of five days where in he had not shaven himself at all. It was almost chromodawn at Clashpoint. Alreddy the sun was sitting Walliston’s Hill ah blaze like so much molten meddle or a coin, gyreating in the air, tossed there by the uncaring hand of an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, borne from the interior minds of the hobbled masses. The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange. Damn, he, Johnny, thought. We thought we were opening a new beginning with our mad dreams of time travail but ironically the only time now is the time of which we’re out of. It’s almost humorous. Yeah, I could almost laugh, if I hadn’t cried that part of me away when my parents were maccasared by Dr. Malaprop and the government sanctioned murderers of “CAPITAL”. He lit a Nicosheen brand swaggerette and took a dip drag, sinking farther into his inferior horologue. He thought of Nina and her mellifluous buttocks that he used to love to bang. Even now his nano enhanced hearing could almost hear her vagina lips quivering with moisture and also pleasure, like a slice of synth-ham being tongued by one of Malaprop’s slamhounds. When he got back to City5, he was going to do some sex, no doubt about that. “That’s right doll” he said to nobody and the wind. They were going to do it hard. He smiled, blowing smoke from his nostrils. They were going to do it cyber hard.

My brain's not sure what it read but my mouth is smiling.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

The first film at least got some Gnostic ideas right. The other two kind of botch things, however.
  • Well I guess we can all agree that the Matrix sequels kinda suck.
  • So who wants to make references to literary and religious ideas and concepts while not understanding what any of the references mean at all, to create the air (very stale air) of mysticism?

The Matrix seemed more about non-conformity and loathing of the corporate lifestyle/repressive government than any real mysticism.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why do you think the air was so stale?
  • Do you think that's air you're breathing?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ...said Morpheus after he farted
  • Neo is an anagram of One.
    Mr. Anderson

Mr. Ander-Son

Mr. Andro-Son

Son of Man
    *still dodging bullets*
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Touhou > The Matrix
    :D
    *giggles*
  • Odradek said:

Mr. Anderson

Mr. Ander-Son

Mr. Andro-Son

Son of Man
    "You're my own savior man, my own personal Jesus Christ."
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Acererak said:

Odradek said:

Mr. Anderson