Comcast Can't Grab Time Warner Cable: American telco giants don't combine

2»

Comments

• fuck if i know
  • (*wracks brain*)

Scooby-Doo, The Flinstones, Dexter's Lab, and some other stuff idk
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I never really considered the classic iterations of Scooby much more than dull semi-entertainment, but looking at it now it's kind of depressing that they got saddled with such shitty animation because otherwise the right ingredients are there: good character design, memorable background music, the signature gleeful stupidity, good voice acting (for the male characters at least, it took H-B a while to find decent ones for Velma and Daphne)...

I used to think The Flintstones was dull, if nice to look at, but came around to being a fan of it recently.

Dexter's Laboratory was something that did not fully grow on me until my teen years
    (though Where Are You! is still a mess, the incarnations immediately succeeding it don't seem to be so much)
    gdi now you have me missing the days when Cartoon Network was PROUD of Hanna-Barbera and did not rip out their roots and PISS ON THEM
  • never piss on hospitality
  • come to think of it i was probably watching cartoon network
    that is CN

and you said it was shit :(
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My grandparents on my father's side steadfastly refused to get cable, so we had 4 channels to choose from, and if the soaps were on, by God, that's what you were watching. It's not like WVAH was running cartoons at midday anyhow...
    I kind of miss the soaps

the damn networks keep TAKING THEM AWAY FROM US

well The Soaps at least have/had nice ads but as advertising gets more slick it loses its comfiness

the media wants to stop being human and stop being comfy and start being slick no wonder old media are dying
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    honestly, I kind of do too...I don't know if I could have stood hours upon hours of dumb talk shows.
    dumb talk shows and whatever the fuck CBS did to Let's Make a Deal
    also the death of SoapNet makes me angry because THEY ARE NEVER PUTTING THIS STUFF ON DVD OR NETFLIX AND WE HAVE TO RELY ON DIGITIZATIONS OF OLD VHS TAPES they do have the ads but still
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    wait for the witch to actually die to celebrate
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You're expecting a level of patience I don't think I've EVER demonstrated myself to be capable of, so
  • http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/04/24/comcast-time-warner-cable-terminate-deal/26292529

The deal is dead, but don't rule out TWC being gobbled up by someone else
  • So apparently part of the deal involved a CEO getting an $84M severance package, which would be more than $1M for every day that he's actually been CEO.