Snow thread

edited 2014-02-07 00:36:18 in Talk

Snow thread. Tell us if you lack snow treads.

I'm looking out the window and there's a pristine sheet that looks at least four inches thick.

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Portland is having pretty crazy weather for February.

I stayed home today, which was good because my boss basically told everyone to go home at 11.

I've decided not to go in tomorrow either.

A heater and garage are making this whole thing rather tolerable. 
  • edited 2014-02-07 00:39:25

we are having snow

it's snowtastic

there are big snowbanks and stuff

gotta wear by rubber soled shoes all the time
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's been an ungodly mess out here in the Keystone State. There has literally never been a colder winter in recorded history. Many a blizzard of late, although unfortunately the last go was just miserable frozen rain.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    @Justice: I just have to venture out to get Leigh tomorrow.
  • around here it's been pretty cold. apparently it's the coldest winter in over 30 years!

there doesn't seem to be all that much more snow than usual though....
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My neck of the woods had some nasty snow on Tuesday...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Worst winter we've had here in Pennsyltucky in at least half a decade. Or so it seems to me.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • edited 2014-02-07 01:20:23
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ We reached record lows this year for all-time January temperatures, although I don't think we've yet broken the records set for February lows.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There's been a whole bunch of snow here...so much so that I had to stay home today because I couldn't manage to get my car out. :<
  • "YOU LUCKY FUCKS", I shout from the other side of the Equator...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You're welcome to trade, if you don't mind having to trudge through a foot of snow and ice to get to your own mailbox...
    In order to remove the growing amount of snow from the top level of the parking garage, that level will be closed off Friday, February 7. It’s expected to be reopened for classes on Monday, February 10.
    hahaha, this is how bad it's gotten
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Mr. Darcy said:

@Justice: I just have to venture out to get Leigh tomorrow.

How'd this turn out?

The roads where not forgiving today.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ I totally didn't drive. She got as far as 94th & Foster on mass transit and then we walked to my house. Then we walked to Fred Meyer and back in the afternoon blizzard instead of using the bus, because we are insane.
  • ^ It was fun! :D
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Doesn't seem to be snowing here, but it's still mercilessly cold.
  • edited 2014-02-09 12:06:47
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Mr. Darcy said:

^ I totally didn't drive. She got as far as 94th & Foster on mass transit and then we walked to my house. Then we walked to Fred Meyer and back in the afternoon blizzard instead of using the bus, because we are insane.

I went on a large shopping run the first day of the snow and Friday and i have pretty much barricaded ourselves indoors.