The Year of the Horse

edited 2014-01-30 16:45:25 in General
I totally had to be the one to start this thread. Happy Chinese New Year everypony!

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • edited 2014-01-30 17:21:26
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

This song, that Sufjan track, and that Partydog panel officially make this the best thread on HH. No question.

Also Fossilmaiden's Trojan hoss.
    Actually, better:

This is for Centie.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

There are actually no horses in this video, but I recommend watching it anyway.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    So happy Sredni posted that Sufjan track before I had to. I listen to that album every time the Chinese New Year rolls around.
  • What a weird coincidence.
    Not sure if serious. Just in case: Enjoy Your Rabbit is an album about the Chinese Zodiac. Great listening any day of the year, but especially appropriate on the Chinese New Year.
  • edited 2014-01-31 22:26:29
    Yep. It's a wonderful piece of work from Sufjan's first experimental period.

He's in his second one right now, which is exciting, although I wish that he would do more stuff. Speaking of which: Meta, if Sufjan Stevens releases another album, make sure that I know about it as soon as you find out, because you will probably know before I do. Thank you in advance.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's the Spring Festival.

He's in his second one right now, which is exciting, although I wish that he would do more stuff. Speaking of which: Meta, if Sufjan Stevens releases another album, make sure that I know about it as soon as you find out, because you will probably know before I do. Thank you in advance.

Sisyphus. 18 March 2014. It's a collaboration, so it may not "count" as a “real” Sufjan album, but the single “Calm It Down” has me interested.
    I heard the EP that they did as s/s/s. It was definitely good, but not amazing. Maybe this new release will change my mind.
  • edited 2014-02-01 22:33:50
    I lost it when horse + motorcycle -> airborne.
  • Please view that image full-sized. It is an absurdly high resolution picture.
  • It took me a while to get the joke but now I get it.
  • "You're making a big mistake!"

• My dreams exceed my real life
    One day in the year of the horse came a time remembered well.

I heard the EP that they did as s/s/s. It was definitely good, but not amazing. Maybe this new release will change my mind.

My thoughts pretty much, too.
  • kill living beings
    MetaFour said:

So happy Sredni posted that Sufjan track before I had to. I listen to that album every time the Chinese New Year rolls around.

damn i should totally do that

i could listen to current93 on a yimki but i'd forget about it because who uses a lunar calendar
    You listen to Current 93, Klinotaxis?
  • kill living beings
    i've tried to several times because i'm all about that gnostic motherfuckery but it's too avant-garde, i always give up and listen to something more conventional like basinski
    First time I've heard Basinski referred to as "conventional," even in jest. Which albums have you heard?

Also, Kex, that photo is turning an already slow page into a nightmare of loading misery. Please change it to something smaller.
  • kill living beings
    black ships ate the sky
  • edited 2014-02-08 21:06:52
    Hmm. That one is about mid-level difficulty as far as Current 93 is concerned. I would recommend the studio album Soft Black Stars and the live albums Cats Drunk On Copper and As The World Disappears... as introductions, seeing as they collectively cover most of the group's styles from about 1991 up to the "Black Ships" era without getting too weird. I would follow that in turn with Thunder Perfect Mind (from which sessions comes "Our Lady of Horsies") and All the Pretty Little Horses, then, once you have properly steeled yourself, the truly demented stuff: Crooked Crosses for the Nodding GodNature Unveiled and I Have A Special Plan For This World.