The 1999 Burger King logo

edited 2014-01-30 03:36:06 in General
How the fuck has this thing stayed around for 15 years?

And how did this thing only last five?

Tagged:

Comments

• Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    Only five years?

Damn. I would've thought it had been around for longer, damn near all of their restaurants around here had that one until a recent remodeling blitz...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    their fries suck
  • Even the new SatisFries™?
    wat
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I like their fries but Wendy's has the best fries because they are actually hot when delivered (le gasp).
    Wendy's is the best
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Their fries were the best when I was a kid.

But now they are not.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think I will visit Wendy's today, and think about you. ^_^
    ^_^

tomorrow is Wendy's for me, probably
    :D
  • fraysh old-fayshioned haymburgers
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Tre said:

Even the new SatisFries™?

These are the worst. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-01-30 15:25:29
    I haven't had them yet. Don't particularly plan to either.

Wendy's and Bojangles' have the best fast food fries.
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-01-30 15:25:11
    Actually, Bo's is one of the few benefits of living in my state.

And Cook Out, I guess. Had some hot dogs from them last night, they weren't bad.

Tre said:

I haven't had them yet. Don't particularly plan to either.

Wendy's and Bojangles' have the best fast food fries.

They're worse than the regular fries. Sadly, that's saying something in this case.
    I am saddened

slightly
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    swoosh
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I actually like Burger King's fries

The chain has an inclination to mess with what isn't messy; the fucking they've done with their chicken tenders/nuggets/strips in recent years shows this
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    BK has been messing with their menu in odd ways for years now. Even back in the 1980s, they were doing wacky experiments that seemed more like something a smaller regional chain would do.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Does it really count when the '94-'99 logo is just a minor variation on the '69-'94 logo?

Also, Burger King was kinda in choppy waters by 1999.
  • Anonus said:

How the fuck has this thing stayed around for 15 years?

And how did this thing only last five?

the bottom one is technically better

but it doesn't like feel right for some reason
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always liked that 1994 logo

Partly due to childhood nostalgia, admittedly
    It is one of many things from the 1990s that feels like it was taken away from me before I got to know it (see also: Kids' WB!'s pre-Pokémon direction)

Does it really count when the '94-'99 logo is just a minor variation on the '69-'94 logo?

Also, Burger King was kinda in choppy waters by 1999.

Burger King's been in choppy waters for ages; it's been bounced from owner to owner over the years (at different times it's been owned by Pillsbury, Diageo, a private equity consortium, and 3G Capital) as a result of this.
    ...and I've skipped an owner. Pillsbury was bought out by Grand Metropolitan, who later merged with Guiness to form Diageo. (Diageo sold Pillsbury to General Mills in 2001, and then they sold Burger King to the aforementioned PE consortium in 2002)
  • edited 2014-01-31 23:20:50
    (flower path)
    Tre said:

Actually, Bo's is one of the few benefits of living in my state.

And Cook Out, I guess. Had some hot dogs from them last night, they weren't bad.

Cook Out has things other than milkshakes?  I'm not sure I've ever had anything but a milkshake from Cook Out.

And Bojangles is delicious.  I wish there had been one near Chapel Hill back when I was there.  That would have been great, especially since you could allegedly get free biscuits the day after the Tar Heels scored over a hundred points.
    where is The King in all of this
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-02-01 05:38:25
    On the subject of Cook Out: Oh, they've got a lot. My local one just added quesadillas, but they've got pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, corn dogs, burgers, chicken... The Works, if you will.

There's a really nice deal they've got where you get a tray with an entrée, two sides and a milkshake for 6 bucks (and it's a dollar less if you get a normal drink). Some good stuff. I had it again tonight because my siblings apparently don't know how to change things up, but it was good enough that it didn't matter.
  • where is The King in all of this

In Valhalla, I guess. Dude got the boot when BK's current owners fired the ad agency that created his modern form.
    damn

Tre said:

where is The King in all of this

In Valhalla, I guess. Dude got the boot when BK's current owners fired the ad agency that created his modern form.
    That's just what they told the media after the Burger King CEO caught his wife in bed with The King and a breakfast sandwich. 
  • edited 2014-02-01 16:43:49
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That would make all too much sense.

Of course, he could have felt just as betrayed that The King hadn't brought him a breakfast sandwich.
    :D