The Northernlion Story

edited 2014-01-29 21:47:58 in General Media
Because like, there are enough of his fans here. So why not?

For starters, if you haven't watched Monday's truncated NLSS, you should, it's really good.

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah, the last stream was pretty good. Or at least, the part where he played Spelunky!, that being all I ever watch on it. I liked it most when he started freaking out at the disappearing thing (things?) in that dark level on the Jungle.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I just watched the end of the Family Feud segment on one of the previous streams this month.

Spoiler:
    They go through six Sudden Death rounds before winning. Wow.
  • Family Feud is like, a very difficult game.
    Crystal said:

Yeah, the last stream was pretty good. Or at least, the part where he played Spelunky!, that being all I ever watch on it. I liked it most when he started freaking out at the disappearing thing (things?) in that dark level on the Jungle.

return the slab
    Unfortunately I was not there to enjoy the evil chanting and Nick faces. I still can't bring myself to care about Family Feud, though I'm fine with that.
  • Family Feud is often the best part of the streams, IMO.

I was at an Arby's for that stream, which made it even weirder.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

This is not a show that's inclusive to people, but we hear you're really good at Family Feud.

Pfft.

Also:

"Name something you would hate to hear a house-sitter say happened while you were gone."
    "Your kid died."
    DING! "KID IS SICK"

Close enough I guess.
  • The Kid is Sick is my favorite Del tha Funkee Homosapien album.
  • also like I really have no clue who Crendor is. Apparently he's known for World of Warcraft content.

• I am mentioned about six and a half minutes into this video

it's really good.
    All of the world exists within Arizona. No, all of the world is Arizona.

Also, Northernlion's chat is really obnoxious about Binding of Isaac.
  • The Binding of Isaac community is like, really toxic. One of many reasons I'd never stream it myself.

GeoGuessr is really good.
    I could see myself streaming it, if only because I enjoy it so much. I would entirely avoid the comments though. But yeah, it's more toxic than expected, given how gross and whatnot the game can be. Never been to r/bindingofisaac though.

GeoGuessr is a pretty good game, yeah. Weird, this is probably the fourth time I've made it to the NLSS in time for something.
    BUT NL YOU NEED TO BE MORE LIKE BISNAP :P

Also, hasn't it been several months since they've played GeoGuessr? Last time I remember them doing it was when I still had my summer internship.

Also also, the commenters from last episode of FTL were all like "YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE ION BLAST INSTEAD OF HERMES BECAUSE SHIELD PUNCHING POWER". But then would there have been any way to deal damage besides his Combat Drone? I don't know, the point is he was pretty much dead on that flagship fight regardless.
  • BUT NL YOU NEED TO BE MORE LIKE BISNAP :P

Also, hasn't it been several months since they've played GeoGuessr? Last time I remember them doing it was when I still had my summer internship.
    they did it today for like the last half hour of the stream

And he was actually really good at some points. It was pretty amusing watching the chat go from "SCUUUUUM" to "Daaaaamn."
    "Not edgy in like the 'Uh, I think human beings should all die, and the world would be better if it were run by whales, man,' [way]"