The Burgundia-Mojavine

edited 2014-01-28 02:53:11 in General
((this is like my fifth attempt to create a Me-Thread))

The Burgundia-Mojavine is a small Federal Monarchy in lower central Europe, occupying a small portion of the traditional territory of Lower Burgundy, hence the name.

The state came into existence as an indirect result of the Napoleonic wars, being essentially willed into existence as a result of a treaty compromise. The new nation (then a mere Duchy) was given to a member of a cadet branch of the Bourbon dynasty, Morris-Louis Guilhamme de Bourgogne, who would become Duke--and later King--Morris I.

It is interesting to note that Morris was the last monarch to ever obtain his title by papal crowning, as his elevation from Duke to King was the direct result of a petition--backed by popular opinion--to Pope Leo XII. The Burgundia-Mojavine was also one of the first nations to adopt gender-neutral primogeniture succession, primarily to avert a succession crisis after the death of Morris II.

Burgundia-Mojavine is also notably the birthplace of American Entrepreneur Ferdinand Perro, who popularized the name "The Mojave Desert" after his homeland.

The primary languages spoken in The Burgundia-Mojavine are French, Dutch, and Italian. With a small minority speaking German.

At the age of 20, Marie-Catherine II is the youngest reigning monarch in the world.

Rulers of The Burgundia-Mojavine

Morris I
Morris II
Marie-Catherine I
Morris III
Charles I
Morris IV
Charles II
Charles III
Marie-Catherine II

Full Name and Title of Her Royal Majesty Marie-Catherine II

Marie-Catherine Rosanne Beatrice de Bourgogne-de Valois, Queen of The Burgundia-Mojavine, Duchess of Savoia, Lady of Legondy Palace, by The Grace of God and in The Name of The People

Historically, Rulers of the Burgundia-Mojavine also claimed the title "King (or Queen) of France" after the dissolution of the monarchy, but Charles III abandoned this practice.

Comments