DHX Media

edited 2014-01-27 01:15:12 in General
Tell me what you know about this company, without looking anything up.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    You seem to have an interest in it
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Not much, except what you've said about them in the past, although if I knew some of their properties I could probably offer an opinion.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I know far too much for this exercise to be any fun, thanks to talking to you all the time :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    OK, after looking them up, I think I know what your issue is with them...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Cheater! :P

(I find it funny how this is basically the opposite of my Nelvana thread...the one that wasn't a snowclone, anyway)
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-01-27 05:54:47
    Okay, DHX... They make shows for Hasbro (most notably ponies) and bought Cookie Jar, making them responsible for the switch in animation for Arthur.

Oh, and they're the little shits behind Johnny Test nowadays too.
    The Arthur animation switch occurred before the Cookie Jar sale...9 Story makes Johnny Test now too, but DHX owns it and can probably pull the plug on it whenever...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    also they're Canadian

i believe they also own Filmfair, Decode Entertainment and DIC

they changed their logo and you didn't approve
    I'm fairly sure that FilmFair and DIC continue to exist only on paper (I know that DIC does, under the name "Cookie Jar Entertainment"...Cookie Jar itself is now "DHX Cookie Jar, Inc.")

Dunno about Decode; the name was retired in 2010
  • i thought this was DHL until I read it closer