If you believe you must be big in order to be tough

edited 2014-01-18 00:00:38 in General
Then you should get to know me, I'll teach you other stuff!

I'm Madeline, I'm Madeline and though I'm very small
I'm Madeline, I'm Madeline, and inside I'm tall!

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • Madeline's too big to be in Smash Bros.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ Madeline shared a voice actress with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy you know
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Andrea Libman, along with Tabitha St. Germain and Kathleen Barr (Trixie), turned up in DIC shows fairly frequently...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Thaaaat's Canada! *laugh track*
    And of course, DHX is DIC's successor...

The main reason that MLP:FIM is any good is because they're not in charge of the writing and DHX/Studio B lucked out with seasoned talent who worked on good shows. Arthur is also fairly uncompromised because the writing is done in America, not at Cinar/Cookie Jar/9 Story...
    That's good to hear...Arthur was always a childhood favorite of mine
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i liked Arthur, although i didn't watch it that often because it was shown on CBBC and i generally preferred CiTV
    It's on PBS here

I used to watch it on WOSU, The Ohio State University's TV station
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I liked Arthur as a kid, too.

It was a shame to hear about its recent conversion to being animated in Flash.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I always loved Arthur.  That was a lot of my childhood there.  Newer seasons aren't as great; I cheer whenever the old episodes come on.

I mean, can anything since 2010 compete with HAVING FUN ISN'T HARD WHEN YOU'VE GOT A LIBRARY CARD?

I liked Arthur as a kid, too.

It was a shame to hear about its recent conversion to being animated in Flash.

D:
  • when i heard about that i was all like "that does not sound like a big deal"

and then i saw it

i saw it

my eyes
    They had to hand the show over to 9 Story and convert it to Flash. From what I can tell, Cookie Jar was in its death throes at the time the decision was made (fall 2011); there were a series of other cost-cutting moves made, which involved converting Caillou to Flash as well (I think that and Johnny Test were handed to 9 Story too), selling off their stake in KidsCo, and ultimately the sale to DHX.
  • Oh noooooooooo

Is the writing still okay?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Why do people on the internet have to add such captions to Arthur?

Seriously, the show's entertaining enough without trying to make it edgy with your captions.
  • edited 2014-01-21 21:26:00
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's about juxtaposition: What is being implied by the caption is clearly not what is going on, and the disconnect creates the humour. Whether it works or not is a subjective matter.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    alternately, it's the internet, where everything must be corrupted
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I would say that it is both in most cases. For one thing, when not explicitly intended to troll or demean, the function of making something innocent appear questionable for humour is juxtaposition in and of itself.
  • edited 2014-01-21 23:29:11
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also, the sale of Cookie Jar to DHX was probably prompted by Birch Hill Capital Partners making Michael Hirsh sell the company to somebody before their investment lost all of its value or something
    nobody even got the reference