Our screen names and why we have them

2»

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, you're pretty Tre Cool in my book!
  • is the name Tre Cool meant to imply he's one more than "too cool"?

also my name doesn't mean much either, it's just good branding.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know

Sometimes I think of "Central Avenue" more as "my name" than Alice or Tyler

I even named my imaginary country after it...though it coincides with a Pennsylvanian ghost town
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    'tres' in French means 'very' and is pronounced the same... maybe he's 'very cool'?
    That was what I always assumed...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i never really thought about it
  • Tachyon said:

'tres' in French means 'very' and is pronounced the same... maybe he's 'very cool'?

according to wikipedia, it's both that and the fact that he's a III
  • So, I guess that makes me Very LaBleep

which is strange, because I'm pretty sure LaBleep doesn't mean anything
  • Tre said:

So, I guess that makes me Very LaBleep

which is strange, because I'm pretty sure LaBleep doesn't mean anything
    it means "the bleep", with the implication that the bleep is female, in French.
  • har dee har har hee

For serious though, I really don't have much of any clue what my real last name means. All it's ever been to me was a six-character jumble of four different letters.
  • LWLW
    edited 2014-01-10 14:02:15

Tre,
    Somehow I feel like my name's inadequate now, like I'm a strange one for not having something esoteric and cool
    I sort of feel the same way. Are internet handles supposed to be original and come with unique backstories? Even if it is just a coincidence that people come up with all kinds of different usernames, I think I like it better that way, if only because it means those usernames have something meaningful behind them. Plus, it seems sort of neat to me to read through a thread like this and learn about the reasons for people's screen names.

As for LW, it is uninterestingly made up of the initials of Louie W/LouieUU.
  • You know

Sometimes I think of "Central Avenue" more as "my name" than Alice or Tyler

I even named my imaginary country after it...though it coincides with a Pennsylvanian ghost town
    Same. Yarrun's been interchangeable with my real name for a couple of years now.
  • I chose DisasterGrind because it's the first skateboarding trick I ever landed (by accident, too)

It's become a stand in fir my real name since only two people in this country have my actual full name, and the other is my father. Otherwise, I'd use that.