yesterday was friday

edited 2013-12-07 14:41:39 in General

tomorrow is sunday

Comments

• we gon party like there is no tomorrow

(side note: i actually enjoy this song and Rebecca seems like a pretty cool gal not gonna lie)
  • i guess this song is good for what it is, but the is is not an is i am all that big on.
  • but the is is not an is i am all that big on.

???????????????????????????
  • sorry man im just not that big on dance-pop
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

• This song was okay.  Musically it was half-decent, and "Friday" was not that bad of a song anyway; I really don't see why people hate it so much.

That said I'm starting to conclude rather conclusively that I don't understand the apparent need of some people to party like idiots.
  • That said I'm starting to conclude rather conclusively that I don't understand the apparent need of some people to party like idiots.

If you don't understand something, research it. I mean, It's not too complicated a phenomenon. Most children are raised in Barns, when the lights go out and the fire rises high, the barn gets a shaking from the feet of Pepper Pie? I don't know if that's true, but it rhymes.

Or some sort of fulfillment due to the social conditioning we undergo as children.

Whatever sounds more plausible.
  • edited 2013-12-08 03:49:35
    Well, if we're talking seriously, it seems that partying like an idiot seems to derive from the logical extension of the assumption that flaunting social norms is considered desirable.  Which seems to be a common assumption among teens in upper middle class neighborhoods in the United States, for some reason.  Possibly also common elsewhere but I don't have enough data.  But basically, being a jerk (and getting away with it) is apparently an indication of high social standing.  (Which is why I resent this cultural trend.)

In other words, you have rowdy kids who seem to prize being able to get away with doing something obnoxious or totally inappropriate, so doing everything obnoxious and inappropriate all at once (with a raucous party that offends the neighbors with dubstep past 3 AM and is filled with sexual suggestiveness) only makes sense as something you want to show off to your friends.

That's my theory, at least.
  • offending the neighbors with dubstep is never a bad thing

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Well, if we're talking seriously, it seems that partying like an idiot seems to derive from the logical extension of the assumption that flaunting social norms is considered desirable.  Which seems to be a common assumption among teens in upper middle class neighborhoods in the United States, for some reason.  Possibly also common elsewhere but I don't have enough data.  But basically, being a jerk (and getting away with it) is apparently an indication of high social standing.  (Which is why I resent this cultural trend.)

In other words, you have rowdy kids who seem to prize being able to get away with doing something obnoxious or totally inappropriate, so doing everything obnoxious and inappropriate all at once (with a raucous party that offends the neighbors with dubstep past 3 AM and is filled with sexual suggestiveness) only makes sense as something you want to show off to your friends.

That's my theory, at least.

hmm, this is an interesting thing to think about. Also, that video was... an experience. :o I must question the black guy in handcuffs at the end...?
  • I think the black guy was the one who rapped in the original "Friday".
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ah :o