I never found the Care Bears overly interesting

edited 2013-12-03 03:24:57 in General
this popped into my head

and i'm bored
Tagged:

Comments

• has anybody ever been intrigued by the care bears

i mean like besides some autistic person who latched onto it as an area of perseveration
  • The sadness will last forever.
    i like the care bears
  • but do you find them overly interesting? do they compel you?
  • The sadness will last forever.
    no
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I actually had ABC Inc bust into the American Greetings-Cookie Jar-MoonScoop legal clusterfuck in 2011 to buy them (along with Strawberry Shortcake), but I've done little with them

Cookie Jar is also on the Wall of Missed Opportunities
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I remember liking the movie that was basically Faust + the Care Bares as a kid, and the newer series when I could catch it?

My brother and I could never really get into the original.
  • edited 2013-12-03 03:55:28
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Believe it or not, I actually like the 2007 DIC designs for the Care Bears, although slimming them down does kind of defeat the whole purpose, which is to make them look cuddly.
    I'm thinking about how TV Tropes seems to think that the 2007 Care Bears and MLP:FIM sharing voice actresses is some unique thing. It isn't; several of MLP:FIM's voice actresses showed up fairly frequently in DIC productions.
    ...okay, this wasn't a DIC show at all

derp
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I liked the Care Bears when I was little; we had both movies on tape (recorded off the TV) at one point. The one with the Faustian plotline was the second movie, by the way.

You can tell Nelvana made them because all of their voice actors are on both movies.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I watched the Care Bears from time to time when I was a kid; I was never overly interested in them but something about colorful cartoon characters appealed to me at the time.

#autism
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    It was vaguely interesting how Care-a-lot looks like Fluffy Cloud Heaven, and their purpose in life is to observe humans through telescopes and come down to protect them. Though as far as I remember, that only gets taken to its logical conclusion in the movie where their lifelong enemy is a tempter who first appears as a red dragon.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It was vaguely interesting how Care-a-lot looks like Fluffy Cloud Heaven, and their purpose in life is to observe humans through telescopes and come down to protect them. Though as far as I remember, that only gets taken to its logical conclusion in the movie where their lifelong enemy is a tempter who first appears as a red dragon.
    Carebears villains are bizarrely hardcore. They've fought Basically Satan, Basically The Necronomicon, Basically HAL and this guy image
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

\image

That's adorable!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^^ Gah! What is that?

It looks like the twisted love child between Dracula and The Devil.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Skip to 34:30
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Alice isn't a princess she's a queen

ok she's a Disney Princess occasionally but that makes little sense

and since when does the Queen of Hearts need proof to do anything?  off with his wizardy head
  • edited 2013-12-03 19:02:55
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Tachyon said:

Alice isn't a princess she's a queen

ok she's a Disney Princess occasionally but that makes little sense

and since when does the Queen of Hearts need proof to do anything?  off with his wizardy head
    Does she really count as a queen though? I mean, her coronation never finished.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I remember finding one of the Care Bears movies (not sure which one) oddly compelling when I was a kid.

Other than that, never much interest.

Does she really count as a queen though? I mean, her coronation never finished.

well, she reached the Eighth Square

iirc there wasn't a coronation ceremony as such; there was an examination, which she appeared to fail, but then everyone called her Queen Alice at the ensuing party anyway
    and of course, there couldn't be a Princess of Hearts, since there is no princess in a suit of cards

It looks like the twisted love child between Dracula and The Devil.

It's Nelvana pushing the boundaries of animation :P
    they're pushing the boundaries of something, that's for sure

Aliroz said:
    It some crazy, evil, devil Sultan.