edited 2013-11-18 08:08:21 in General
Is this just me?

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    no
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Not by a long shot.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it doesn't really bother me, but it depends what they're whining about and how whiny the whining is

excess whining can kill the fun of something for me
    also Sredni's back

yay!
    I've also become annoyed by whining about the Star Wars prequels

I get it, you don't like 'em. Well, the last one was eight years ago, give it a rest already, huh?
    there's gonna be more

by the guy who did the Star Trek movies that people are already whining about

even tho the one i saw was awesome
    Tachyon said:

also Sredni's back

yay!

I've not been able to get to the library because my sleep cycle is astoundingly terrible.

Also I'm at home, which is why I have to hike up to the library to do Web things.

All that aside, it's nice to know that people missed me, a certain fine young gentleman accepted...
  • >////>

anyhoo i liked the star trek reboot movie i saw

it seemed to lack that sort of unique star trek quality if that makes any sense, but the people who made it gave it a good reason not to so i was ok with it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    J.J. Abrams likes House Industries so he can do whatever he wants :P
  • I liked the 2009 Star Trek movie but I've heard really bad things about Into Darkness, which I guess feeds into that alternating movies thing when you include Galaxy Quest.
    I thought it was decent, being someone who hasn't watched Wrath of Khan all the way through
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I disliked it for a # of reasons. 

Mostly plot hole related, and not all of them related to Khan's skin color. 
  • Exactly a #?  How many sig figs?
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-11-18 23:02:35
    $ of them.

I dunno.  There were a lot of things about those movies that made my inner physicist start frothing at the mouth, even as far as Star Trek goes.  But as movies they were okay.
  • Pillows said:

I've also become annoyed by whining about the Star Wars prequels

I get it, you don't like 'em. Well, the last one was eight years ago, give it a rest already, huh?

To be fair, and I say this because of my extreme dislike of Other:M, when it comes to franchises, there's not just the quality of a stand alone title anymore, whenever a franchise makes a misstep, that kind of thing will always be stained on the franchise, and sometimes they affect the franchise going forward.

Whether this is because of preconceptions because of the poor quality entry or things from the poor quality entry being mimic'd in future entries.

Just think about if no had ever bought Zelda games because of the Zelda CDI? Or how about voice acting in every Zelda game?

^ That's sorta true, but only to a point.  i haven't played Other M, but when most people think of Metroid i think they're more likely, or at the very least as likely, to think of earlier titles because it's such an iconic series

that goes like 100 times more for Star Trek, which is such a strong and iconic brand with such a devoted fanbase that a single bad installment is not likely to hurt it that much

now, a string of bad installments in succession, that'd be different
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Just think about if no had ever bought Zelda games because of the Zelda CDI? Or how about voice acting in every Zelda game?
    Nintendo has managed to ignore their existence completely and pretend they never happened. ^_^;
  • the Zelda CDI games are the best
    Honestly, before "MAH BOI" and all that got turned into YouTube poops and whatnot, I thought the Zelda CD-i games had been completely forgotten
    yeah

like i don't think i even knew they existed until i saw them mentioned on Wikipedia
  • I saw them like once.  In a Seanbaby article.
    I was vaguely aware of them around the time they came out, but since the Philips CD-i was a commercial flop they seemed to make no impression on the collective gamer consciousness.

I guess I underestimated their, uh, influence a little.
  • Just like many other people (from random schmucks all the way up to NASA), I think you misestimated internet.
    i think you'd be showing astonishing foresight to predict Internet memes and YouTube back in the early 1990s.
  • Other M
    We are never to mention this ever again. 
    Other M
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ^ I was about to say...
  • Other M spells Mother you guise omg
  • edited 2013-11-19 16:27:36

Pink Floyd - Mother
    Danzig - Mother
    John Lennon - Mother
    Beatles - Your Mother Should Know
    Coheed & Cambria - Mother May I
    Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing in the Shadow
    U2 - Mothers of the Disappeared
    Jethro Tull - For a Thousand Mothers
    anything by the Mothers of Invention

not gonna embed any of these, you can find 'em yourself if you want 'em
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I am tempted to post The Knife's "Without You, My Life Would Be Boring", but that's really pushing the number of videos on one page into dangerous territory.
  • edited 2013-11-19 20:08:01
    Mother 3: Pollyanna

youtube.com/watch?v=e4Fc2H7jvQM
  • edited 2013-11-19 20:08:14
    Super Metroid: Mother Brain

youtube.com/watch?v=AqaNrWcIRYY
  • edited 2013-11-19 20:03:56

pushing the number of videos on one page into dangerous territory.

• I'll edit mine into links then.  Sorry about that.
  • In my head Other M is a really unreliable in-universe biography that the real Samus hates. Or something like that.

Just please, please don't let it be canon. Please.
    in my headcanon nobody on the Internet cares about Other M and people got over whining about it a long time ago
  • Hey buddy I put it past me already. You guys were the ones who brought it up.
    i am not Counterclock!
  • Problems don't go away just because you choose to ignore them, you need to bash people over the head and rub their face in it, or else they start this process where they stop thinking of it as a problem.
  • Problems don't go away just because you choose to ignore them

counterpoint: Twilight 
  • btw what's the difference between whinging and whining?

Problems don't go away just because you choose to ignore them, you need to bash people over the head and rub their face in it, or else they start this process where they stop thinking of it as a problem.

Other M is only a problem because you choose to treat it as one

if you ignore it, nothing bad will happen

btw what's the difference between whinging and whining?

there isn't one
    Twilight isn't a problem if you own Summit :P