Love life

edited 2013-10-23 23:23:05 in General
Well, it's my turn to join general madness and start posting silly things. So

The only thing mine had on page 45 is a photo. Of a red snapper fish laying eggs
I guess that explains so much

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "For a fraction of a second, but with such force that he felt the change's impact as a physical sensation, he was somewhere else, it was long ago."

O_O
  • kill living beings
    every time i do these i get an overtechnical sentence that can't even be humorously recontextualized as being sexual and i think that fits me pretty well
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    "The third prohibited the election of military tribunes and specified that one of the two consuls elected should, without fail, be from the plebes."
  • "In 1989, however, the noted souther theologian Hanson Edwin Rose dramatically revised this reading."
  • "The third prohibited the election of military tribunes and specified that one of the two consuls elected should, without fail, be from the plebes."

Livy?
    ha ha, plebes
  • plebeians can't stop me now

(*smashes the last vestiges of the republic while the sign of jeff mangum shines in the east*)
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

"The third prohibited the election of military tribunes and specified that one of the two consuls elected should, without fail, be from the plebes."

Livy?
    Yes indeed.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "If you are going to argue that the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is the ideal example of public art, it might undermine your argument if your best friend is the architect (or if you conceal that your best friend is the architect)."

...I can't actually pull a sex joke out of that, can I?
  • kill living beings
    haha pubic art
  • The sadness will last forever.
    "They also used skis and snowshoes, and in summer for travel and fishing they made canoes both of birchbark and hollow logs."

Errrr....metaphor for something. Dunno.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Thomas used to read the Good Book to Mary at bed time, bringing the words to life."

uh
  • "The per capita supply indicated in Table 4-2 greatly overestimates the per capita water supply available in most countries beacuse much of the water discharge is remote from major population centers, and about two-thirds of all river runoff is flood runoff and generally unavailable for human use in water-poor regions."

...I guess this means I should seek out a significant other who is very environmentally and socially conscious?

...dangit, stop reminding me of that one girl I almost dated.
  • A child's shoe; the doll, seated in her little wicker carriage, the hobby-horse-- whatever, in a word, ahs been used or played with during the day is now invested with a quality of strangeness and remoteness , though still almost as vividly present as by daylight.

???
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    You can construct a wrapper class object by passing the value to be wrapped into the appropriate constructor; for example:
    int pInt = 500;
    Integer wInt = new Integer(pInt);
    int p2 = wInt.intValue();
  • Basically, the result of this could be construed to mean "you should find a significant other who shares your academic/scholarly interests".
  • "What is it but the Jewishness of the Jew that he wants?"
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    "He declared that "trade follows the flag" and the flag must be honored wherever it waved."
  • Personal pronouns refer to the speaker (first person), to the person addressed (second person) or to the person(s) or object(s) talked about (third person).
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "The ego tends to equate with Being: I have, therefore I am."

Or—

"Then they pushed him away, like a boat from a jetty."
  • edited 2013-10-24 22:31:27
    You people read too much fiction.

You should be getting your fiction from video games and anime instead.
  • do you know what video games and anime have in common?

they're both gay.
  • That's why we aboos are so happy!
  • Naturally, for me, the idea of a Permanent House (the definition of which I took to be any shelter Dad and I inhabited in excess of ninety days--the time an American cockroach could go without food) was nothing more than a Pipe Dream, Cloud-Cuckoo-Land, the hope to purchase a brand new Cadillac Coupe DeVille with baby blue interior for any Soviet during the drab winter of 1985.

You people read too much fiction.

You should be getting your fiction from video games and anime instead.

I hope you are not serious
    What's funny is that I have read neither book that they quoted: They were both simply lying in my general vicinity.
  • do you know what video games and anime have in common?

they're both gay.
    Do not make me delve into the depths of poor grammar and reconstruct that horrible sentence.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Haven said:

Naturally, for me, the idea of a Permanent House (the definition of which I took to be any shelter Dad and I inhabited in excess of ninety days--the time an American cockroach could go without food) was nothing more than a Pipe Dream, Cloud-Cuckoo-Land, the hope to purchase a brand new Cadillac Coupe DeVille with baby blue interior for any Soviet during the drab winter of 1985.

there aint no coup deville

hidin at the bottom of a 

crackerjack box
  • The sadness will last forever.
    The book I quoted was nonfiction and yes I want to read more fiction but I'm lazy.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    The results of his investigations pointed clearly, he thought, to the evolution of species through the mechanism of natural selection.

Thanks for killing all the romance, Darwin. 
    ^ Better than possessiveness and distancing.
  • kill living beings
    "In Tadzhikistan the influx of Russian Party functionaries, security agents, and military personnel increased and was augmented by the flow of war refugees and deportees." that could work. the red army is semen.
    ^ No, semen is the White Army.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Every human is literally semen.
    partly, anyway
    Perhaps. :3 Every time you masturbate you are killing people and that is a sin so we should ban masturbation. ~3^
  • kill living beings
    i don't think the (lol 'the') white army was ever in tadhizisaitan