Government Shutdown Cabaret

13»

Comments

• If it's guaranteeing back pay, yes.

What we have to watch out for is Republicans trying to piecemeal in continuing funding for all the shit they want, thus removing any incentive to end the shutdown at all.
  • Basically, what they want is a government that only does what they want it to do.  Everyone else can go fuck themselves, for all they care.

And that's why they are horrible jerks.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The newest motion passed the Senate; it's currently being discussed in the House and a vote is apparently imminent.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I say we celebrate by geeking out over the National Map Viewer when it comes back online. :P
    Yes, we should.
    It passed, 285-144. We are back in business.
  • edited 2013-10-16 22:47:49
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I love how the Republicans have apparently never heard of the concept of diminishing returns.
  • They only invest in things that produce immediate returns, so that's why they have a poor understanding of economics.
    And CNN had a talking celery stalk form the Heritage Foundation on just a few minutes, still bitching about Obamacare.

Guess what: YOU LOST. GO FUCK YOURSELF, and tell Hayek to get fucked, too. :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Even Hayek would tell these people to get fucked. They want direct government intervention in business, just in business' favour rather than for the public good. Say what you will about the wily bastard, but he wasn't that shamelessly hypocritical.
    Huh, well, that's good to hear.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Oh, the government shut down?

Oh, wait, you guys are talking about the United States Of America government; which has no authority because it is hatless and based in hatred towards the divine monarchy and crowns.

It really torques me off how you United States people refer to your government as if it were the only government; and your congress as if it was the only congress; and "America" as if it only refered to you and not to anyone else on either of those two tectonic plates.

HEY, SO-CALLED AMERICANS.  STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR GOVERNMENT.  NOBODY EVEN CARES ANYMORE.  ECONOMICS IS A STUPID SCIENCE ANYWAY. 

OR IF YOU HATE YOUR GOVERNMENT SO MUCH; HOW ABOUT YOU GET RID OF IT AND START HAVING A LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT BASED IN HAT-WEARING.

You can't weigh an "economy"; if you printed more money, everyone would have lots of money, and everyone would be rich, duh; and money is worthless anyway.  It only has worth inasmuch as people accept it as having worth; so it's your own dang fault you believe in this "economy" idea.

ALSO, STOP ACTING LIKE ANYBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR POLITICS AND START POSTING YOUR SIGNS IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES; YOU BLOCKHEADS.  NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH; AND MULTILINGUALISM IS A GOOD THING.

AND GET A HAIRCUT!
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I know right? I told them Belgium didn't have a government for over a year and they told me "hurf hurf belgium dosent mattress only murrica where are the burger"
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I know right? I told them Belgium didn't have a government for over a year and they told me "hurf hurf belgium dosent mattress only murrica where are the burger"

Hey, Nohay, today, I say, let's play, and stray away!

Let's make our own forum with lots of decorum and plant some pittosporum in a lovely jorum around our variorum we'll be the admin quorum without any indecorum and avoid every cockalorum!
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I would be bad at keeping a forum wih all those things. Maybe without the varorium
  • Oh, the government shut down?

Oh, wait, you guys are talking about the United States Of America government; which has no authority because it is hatless and based in hatred towards the divine monarchy and crowns.

It really torques me off how you United States people refer to your government as if it were the only government; and your congress as if it was the only congress; and "America" as if it only refered to you and not to anyone else on either of those two tectonic plates.

HEY, SO-CALLED AMERICANS.  STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR GOVERNMENT.  NOBODY EVEN CARES ANYMORE.  ECONOMICS IS A STUPID SCIENCE ANYWAY. 

OR IF YOU HATE YOUR GOVERNMENT SO MUCH; HOW ABOUT YOU GET RID OF IT AND START HAVING A LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT BASED IN HAT-WEARING.

You can't weigh an "economy"; if you printed more money, everyone would have lots of money, and everyone would be rich, duh; and money is worthless anyway.  It only has worth inasmuch as people accept it as having worth; so it's your own dang fault you believe in this "economy" idea.

ALSO, STOP ACTING LIKE ANYBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR POLITICS AND START POSTING YOUR SIGNS IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES; YOU BLOCKHEADS.  NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH; AND MULTILINGUALISM IS A GOOD THING.

AND GET A HAIRCUT!

ITP: Aliroz argues for a Gabenocracy.
  • nohaynicklibre said:I know right? I told them Belgium didn't have a government for over a year and they told me "hurf hurf belgium dosent mattress only murrica where are the burger"

Well, what
    I said was that it wasn't a shutdown there.  When Belgium didn't have a government, the civil service kept running.
  • Is this the "government" vs. "administration" terminology thing again?