AV Club thinks Deadly Premonition is a bad game

edited 2013-09-30 21:31:44 in General
Do you need further proof it sucks?

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Of course not!  i get all my gaming opinions from that site.
  • edited 2013-09-30 21:43:09
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have never heard of this game and I only have a passing interest in the AV Club's opinions as they pertain to albums, let alone other media.

Really, what's so bad about a mildly pretentious media review site not liking something that you like? Tiny Mix Tapes apparently dislikes several of my favourite songs on Arcade Fire's Neon Bible, an album which I enjoyed much more than they did. I don't hold it against them, nor do I let it effect my opinion of the album or its contents.

Now, you seem to be criticising people using such opinions as weapons to "prove" their own opinions as "objective." Yes, that is dumb. But it's not really worth making more than one thread about. The "High-Quality Anime" thread was funny, but at this point you are repeating a joke to diminishing returns. Quality over quantity.

</grumpy_vash>
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I'm just bein' silly. There's no point here.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Deadly Premonition is a really dumb game though. 

But bad? Nothing that is boring can be bad.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I haven't played Deadly Premonition, but I watched a playthrough. So I can't say anything about the gameplay aspect, but the story hails from another universe where our puny human concepts of "good" and "bad" don't apply.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

I'm just bein' silly. There's no point here.

Oh, OK.

Sorry.

</crow-eating_vash>
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Never eat crows raw.
    Did I say I ate it raw?

Did I say that it was an actual crow?
    For the best crow dish, catch and defeather a crow. Cut it into pieces. In a large pot, boil the crow for half an hour. In a separate pan, caramelize a large whole onion with equal parts butter, shortening, and olive oil. Deglaze with white wine. Remove crow from the pot and saute in pan for fifteen minutes. Crack an egg over the pan, stir-fry whatever's left. Serve over a bed or white rice or bread.
  • You do know that that just means that crows will swear bloody revenge on you, right?

Because, unlike many other animals, they can and will recognize you for being the complete and utter jerk that you are.
    I wear a lot of disguises.
    But do you wear disguise pyjamas? You are most vulnerable while sleeping. Better get in that bear suit.