Dock Souls

Comments

• I haven't found the boss yet.

Big Cathedral room? Do you mean the room with those Painting Guardian dudes in it? Because that was before the archer section.
  • edited 2013-10-05 19:08:04
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Yeah, he's in the room that leads out to the left hand gate.

^ The Cathedral Room is the room that leads to the boss. Just keep going.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ludmila said:

I haven't found the boss yet.

Big Cathedral room? Do you mean the room with those Painting Guardian dudes in it? Because that was before the archer section.

Nope.
  • Yeah, he's in the room that leads out to the left hand gate.

I'm in the second bonfire room where Solaire is.

Is it at the top of the staircase in the adjacent hall?
    Ludmila said:

Yeah, he's in the room that leads out to the left hand gate.

I'm in the second bonfire room where Solaire is.

Is it at the top of the staircase in the adjacent hall?
    Getting to the top of the staircase will bring you closer.

Also get used to fighting Silver Knights, there's a lot of them.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Are they any enemies past that point that aren't Silver Knights or Mimics? No wait, there's a Titanite Demon, but he doesn't count.

Are they any enemies past that point that aren't Silver Knights or Mimics? No wait, there's a Titanite Demon, but he doesn't count.

Those two Royal Guardian bastards.
  • Silver Knights have been easy for me so far other than the archers, obviously. Generally I can just throw some fireballs at them and they die.

Speaking of them, I found their armor suit in some chests. Better than the onionbro armor probably.

would still like to find some shortcuts at some point.
    Ludmila said:

which sunk its damage output

great.

Just undo it.

It scales with strength, remember?
  • Ludmila said:

which sunk its damage output

great.

Just undo it.

It scales with strength, remember?
    yeah but I assumed that would stick.

what do the elemental damage upgrades even exist for if they make the weapon objectively worse? There's something I'm not getting here.
  • edited 2013-10-05 19:57:58
    ...Because they don't? There's no way you're going to outdamage a +5 lightning weapon through stat scaling on a first playthrough. Also, low level runs.
  • ...Because they don't? There's no way you're going to outdamage a +5 lightning weapon through stat scaling on a first playthrough. Also, low level runs.

Well then what the hell are they for?

and how would I know that?
  • so I killed Lautrec and then died to his mage friend before I exited the world.

Is it now impossible for me to get his drops?
  • oh, nevermind. I just got them after respawning.
    Ludmila said:

oh, nevermind. I just got them after respawning.

Remember not to use the Firekeeper soul.

Even if you have two, don't use it because it defaults to the one you don't want to lose.
  • are there any shortcuts to the first Anor Londo bonfire? There was a lady there who could reinforce estus flasks IIRC.

also I just died for the first time with a summon. Those giants in the main room are a bitch.
  • edited 2013-10-05 20:55:03
    There's a second bonfire at the bottom level of the elevator. The Solaire one is actually the third. And the closest thing to a shortcut to the first is through the Giant Blacksmith's room.
    Ludmila said:

are there any shortcuts to the first Anor Londo bonfire? There was a lady there who could reinforce estus flasks IIRC.

also I just died for the first time with a summon. Those giants in the main room are a bitch.

Nooooooo

use it on the firekeeper's corpse at Firelink.
  • There's a second bonfire at the bottom level of the elevator. The Solaire one is actually the third. And the closest thing to a shortcut to the first is through the Giant Blacksmith's room.

what elevator?
  • Ludmila said:

are there any shortcuts to the first Anor Londo bonfire? There was a lady there who could reinforce estus flasks IIRC.

Nooooooo

use it on the firekeeper's corpse at Firelink.
    ohh

ok.
    The one you use to cross from the first half of the bridge to the part with the two gates.
  • I must've missed that. You mean the one where the second gargoyle initially is, right?
    Yes.
  • I left Anor Londo after being killed by Ornstein & Smough like 20 times in a row without landing a hit.

I have questions;

*I'm in the Chaos covenant and have already gotten to the rank where I learn Chaos Firestorm. Are there any benefits to me staying in this covenant at all at this point? (ftr, I've given Quelaag's sister 30 humanity which I think is the most you can give her with it still having any effect on her, but I don't have the Old Witch's Ring so I can't check)
    *If not, what other covenants should I consider joining and how is joining them done?
    Ludmila said:

I left Anor Londo after being killed by Ornstein & Smough like 20 times in a row without landing a hit.

I have questions;

*I'm in the Chaos covenant and have already gotten to the rank where I learn Chaos Firestorm. Are there any benefits to me staying in this covenant at all at this point? (ftr, I've given Quelaag's sister 30 humanity which I think is the most you can give her with it still having any effect on her, but I don't have the Old Witch's Ring so I can't check)
    *If not, what other covenants should I consider joining and how is joining them done?

Go to Darkroot, and become a catbro.
    You have to stay in the Chaos Covenant until you reach Lost Izalith if you want to save Solaire.
  • hmm, I hadn't given that thought.

Fair enough then.

Although now I don't know what to buy with these 11000 souls. I did just save Big Hat Logan (I forgot about him earlier, whoops) so I guess sorceries are an option but my Intelligence is super low and I don't really think it's worth it to sink all of that resource into something I'll use rarely at best.
  • is the Silver Knight Armor better than the Caterina Armor?
    Ludmila said:

is the Silver Knight Armor better than the Caterina Armor?

They're both pretty decent. Choose which ever one you like the looks of better.
  • I don't understand how to beat Ornstein & Smough

and I also don't understand why I sometimes get hit by some invisible force immediately upon entering said boss fight.
    Ludmila said:

I don't understand how to beat Ornstein & Smough

and I also don't understand why I sometimes get hit by some invisible force immediately upon entering said boss fight.

Tips:

Target one or the other. The other will regain all their health and power up after you kill one. This is still easier than the first part, arguably, because you don't have two enemies.

Use the pillars. Ornstein and Smough's pathfinding can't walk through them or maneuver around them as well as you can.

Lock on rarely, and always try to keep the camera on both of them.

Separate them using the pillars.

Take out Ornstein first. He tends to dash ahead while Smough plods along, so he's easier to separate. He's also easier to kill before being powered up and harder to kill if he powers up. You can block his attacks fairly easily.

Ornstein and Smough are both vulnerable to pyromancy, particularly Ornstein.

Don't get greed with hits, take your attack opportunities when you can, and be cautious.

You are getting hit by the big giants swiping through the fogdoor.
  • Ornstein's attacks just seem to kind of go through my shield.

Not just his lightning bolts either, just like, all of them.
    Ludmila said:

Ornstein's attacks just seem to kind of go through my shield.

Not just his lightning bolts either, just like, all of them.

Lightning damage.

The point is you don't flinch and you take less damage.
  • yeah I'm just farming humanity and hoping I'll be able to summon someone.
    Ludmila said:

yeah I'm just farming humanity and hoping I'll be able to summon someone.

Summon Solaire.
  • Ludmila said:

Summon Solaire.
    I thought this was one of the two boss fights that Solaire sucks for.
    Ludmila said:

Ludmila said:

Summon Solaire.
    I thought this was one of the two boss fights that Solaire sucks for.
    Nope.

That's Centipede Demon and Gaping Dragon.

Also help him kill the Royal Guardians, then black crystal him away, then quit and restart, then resummon him in the Royal Guardian-less room.

Otherwise he either takes too much damage pre-fight or gets hung up on them.
  • But there's only one room before the bossfight, and that's the one with the Guardians in it. ._.?
    Ludmila said:

But there's only one room before the bossfight, and that's the one with the Guardians in it. ._.?

The room will then be royal guardian less, because you killed them and haven't died.
  • well it doesn't matter anyway because I got invaded before I could get to the bonfire.

*sigh*
  • dude under the bridge in firelink is selling two sets of armor and some crystal swords. Buying the armor just because, do I want the swords?
  • YOU GUYS I FINALLY BEAT ORNSTEIN & SMOUGH

ah

wow, now I can like do things in this game again.

I have no idea what to do with these 80,000 souls tho, also this "Favored Armor" (I think this is Lautrec's set, it looks like it anyway) I found doesn't seem all that great but maybe there is something I'm not getting.
  • I should probably buy some pyromancies from Quelana now that I think of it.
  • man I have no idea where to go.

I gave Frampt the Lordvessel and lit the whatsit, but I have no idea where to go from here.
  • edited 2013-10-12 15:55:02
    My dreams exceed my real life
    If you want to defeat Nito GO TO THE GRAVEYARD ON PAGE 22

If you want to defeat the Four Kings, GO TO DARKROOT FIRST ON PAGE 39 AND THEN GO TO NEW LONDO ON PAGE 33

If you want to defeat the Witch of Izalith, and see the worst area in the game, GO TO  THE DEMON RUINS PAST QUELAAQ'S DOMAIN ON PAGE 69

If you want to defeat Seath, GO TO PAGE 3935839580 IN ANOR LONDO

If you want to defeat The Furtive Pygmy PONY UP AND BUY THE DLC,  AND LOOK UP HOW TO GET THERE ONLINE ON PAGE π 
  • I'm pretty sure this came with the DLC.

Prepare To Die Edition is the one with the DLC right

also does it like

matter what order I do this in? I do sort of want to get to the Demon Ruins because I think that's where I save Solaire (and thus am finally able to break my covenant and join a different one) but I couldn't figure out how to get around that place when I was there briefly. There was just like a spiral of land that ended in a big lava pit with some trolls off in the distance.