Law and Order SUV

edited 2013-09-23 04:51:13 in General

Comments

• Fucking gas guzzlers.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Lone Tree is a pretty cool city name, though
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Reminds me of Justice Shades' Stomper car SUV in this:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't have any pictures yet, but Columbus PD and the Franklin County Sheriff's Office both seem to have adopted the Ford Police Interceptor Utility as a replacement for the discontinued Crown Vic.

It's based on the current generation of Explorer:

• edited 2013-09-23 14:24:49
    The sadness will last forever.
    weebl and bob
  • I don't have any pictures yet, but Columbus PD and the Franklin County Sheriff's Office both seem to have adopted the Ford Police Interceptor Utility as a replacement for the discontinued Crown Vic.

It's based on the current generation of Explorer:

pretty

at least, when it's not decked out in police shit
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

But an Explorer is a completely different kind of automobile than a Crown Vic...

I would expect the Dodge Charger. Just swap the orange for local police colors.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    What I've heard in the news is that the new Police Interceptor sedan (which is an AWD monocoque design, based on the 5G Taurus) doesn't have the payload rating that the old Crown Vic PI did. I don't know if the Charger has the same issue, seeing as it's rear-drive, but a few departments have gotten them.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Ohio State Highway Patrol seems to have gone with the Dodge Charger. They also switched back to silver after using white throughout the 2000s.

My college's police department has one of the Taurus sedans. But it's not like campus police have to do a lot of pursuits or such things, so...
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

@lee: I don't know about the 2006- vehicle, but the original consistently outran Crown Vics.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

• Now we just need a picture of a cop eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Then we will have seen Law & Order PBJ.
  • In the criminal justice system, transportation based offenses are considered particularly heinous.  In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are known as the Sports Utility Vehicle.  These are their stories.