'90s Weekend on Caffeine 92.5!

edited 2011-10-20 20:50:36 in General
What? It's not the weekend yet?

Well, WHO CARES, I own this station and I'll play what I like:

You're listening to Denver's Caffeine 92.5!

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    *JAM jingle between songs*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    SUDDEN GUEST DJ ATTACK

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Funny, that was gonna be my next song.
    omigod, mindlink
    ...A surprising number of these are songs I remember from my childhood but have never watched the videos for. Huh.

Ladies and gentlemen, announcing the return of '90s WEEKEND

Only on Denver's Caffeine 92.5!

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    -is the 5th caller- what do i win

-drinks caffeine-
  • edited 2012-02-13 13:40:23
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I hereby raise '90s Weekend from its grave.

Because I want to.

I heard this in the car earlier and it seemed appropriate for my mood at the time:

Er, I mean, uh, you're listening to Caffeine 92.5! KUCA-FM, Denver!

(Er, Anonus, does our imaginary station have an "-FM" suffix or not? I can't remember)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It does.
    <JAM Singers hat on>

KUCA-FM, Caffeine Ninety Two Point Fiiiive!

<JAM Singers hat off>
  • edited 2012-02-14 01:13:25
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: There's an actual 92.5 here that plays, well, a lot of AC and "adult alternative" songs. That Belly song sounds like it'd fit right in these days. (And I remember people I knew in high school talking about Belly was OH SO GRIMDARK OMG. Hah!)

By the way, I know this probably goes without saying, but DON'T READ THE COMMENTS. It's all disaffected 30somethings complaining about modern pop music and how good the Kids These Days have it with their digital effects and such. :P
    Well, there are other songs on that Belly album that are kinda darker...

Enough chat. More music.

Break out the virtual pets! 'Cause '90s Weekend continues here on Caffeine 92.5!

• edited 2012-04-03 02:29:01
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    because this is still in my head:

(also there's a typo in the title)

Yes, I know it's Monday
    AU and I never did much with Caffeine 92.5, which is disappointing.
    Then do it NOW

While there's still TIME! Life is short and death is long. Longer than longcat, even!