People who name their bands the "NO NAME IN PARTICULAR" confuse us all!

edited 2013-08-18 06:44:24 in General
I mean, Biffy Clyro is like three guys. Which one is 'Biffy' and which one is 'Clyro'?

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I really don't know.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Jethro Tull
  • Pink Floyd.  Which one's Pink and which one's Floyd?
  • Which one's The and which one's Beatles?
  • Also I thought Franz Ferdinand died in the early 20th century, what's he doing making music?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "We got the band name, Daniel Amos, from our two favorite Old Testament prophets: Jeremiah and Ezekiel."
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    One that seems to confuse a lot of people: Giles Corey is a solo project by Dan Barrett of Have A Nice Life. Being a solo project, a surprising number of people seem to think that his name is actually Giles Corey.
  • edited 2013-08-18 18:02:45
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Why do they call themselves Belle and Sebastian if no one in the band is actually named Belle or Sebastian?
  • Why do they call themselves Barenaked Ladies if no one in the band is actually bare, naked, or a lady?
  • Why do they call themselves Barenaked Ladies if no one in the band is actually bare, naked, or a lady?

To get people to think there would be naked ladies at their concerts.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

glennmagusharvey said:Why do they call themselves Barenaked Ladies if no one in the band is actually bare, naked, or a lady?

Well, assuming they shower or bathe, they're probably bare naked at least
    some of the time...
  • Presumably they're not showering while playing their instruments in concert though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wouldn't put it past them, knowing their antics...
  • They're still not ladies.  Unless at least two of them are transgendered.