Justice Liveblogs Equestria Girls and whatever he's drinking at the moment

edited 2013-08-10 03:11:40 in Liveblogs
Edit: If you're a fan of the show, do yourself a favor and watch this before my massive spoilers. I know it's a little slow in the middle, but holy fuck, the climax. Just...holy fuck.

So, I decided to give this a shot.

Also, I decided to watch Equestria Girls.

Equestria Girls, as you may know, is the high concept off-shoot movie to the popular show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The movie combines two things everyone loves, magical, talking, colorful ponies, and high-school girls. Finally, people can masturbate freely to  their favorite canon character without fearing they're a closet furry. 

Though, this movie has its share of of controversy. Many fans viewed it as a shameless attempt at merchandising, which is sort of what the show was to begin with, though it's undeniable the high-school setting and cookie cutter body types do seem to indicate this movie drifts a little closer to the status quo of girls' cartoons. Not to mention many key writers from FiM where pulled to work on this movie and the third season was shortened, making for a season that was weak in some places, and rage inducing in others.

STILL! I think it's best to go through life with an open mind and an open container, so join me in a bit tonight when I can settle in for a solid hour of cartoon horses turned human and also drinking. 

Comments