coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

edited 2013-08-09 11:41:17 in General
Does anyone else here love coffee? I must drink 20 cups of it a day. I make a cup every half hour so I don't fall asleep.

Someone please help me.

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Become Mormon. We don't drink anything with caffeine.
    (2015 self)
    That's de jure. The de facto truth is that we don't drink caffeine.
  • edited 2013-08-09 12:52:08
    ^^^ I'll take caffeine over ephedrine.
  • Man, are you me?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I occasionally enjoy coffee, but I prefer tea. Which is odd, because I most certainly drink more coffee than I do tea...
  • I could be a Mormon, if that's all that counted.  I don't like colas or coffee.  Though I don't mind tea, I rarely ever brew it myself.

I do enjoy Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper, but instead of drinking them, I save up cans of them for late-night paper-writing cram sessions.

And I don't personally buy sodas anyway.  I accumulate the occasional can from attending events.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Even when I was still active, we still drank soda all the time. (It helped that our ward in Charlottesville was relatively liberal.) We also had plenty of hot chocolate around; the Deseret brand I've mentioned before is what the LDS family services gives you when you're po'.

That said, I've never been big on coffee. I think it smells better than it tastes.
  • lee4hmz said:

I think it smells better than it tastes.
    Oh definitely. I am indifferent to the taste of coffee, but the smell is simply divine~ ^w^
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've never tried coffee
    sweet mother of crap
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • > I think it smells better than it tastes.
  • > 2012

> meme arrows
  • I don't know why people hate that thing so much.

It's not a meme arrow.  It's a reply arrow.
  • > 1852

> not calling them meme arrows
    > 2112

> Temples of Syrinx
  • edited 2013-08-09 18:43:52
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    >>>Not calling them meme arrows.

>>Not calling it "implying."

>Implying that all reply arrows are "implying."
  • > 2525

> man is still alive

> woman can survive
  • No frickin' idea what you mean by 1852.

But those arrows are a common feature of e-mail replies.  If you haven't seen them, then you've been spoiled by rich-text formatting of your e-mail messages or something.
  • > 1492

> using email
  • > fku2

lololololololololololololololololol
  • In the year 1994
    War goes on just like before
    War goes on, it never ends
    War brings bigger dividends

In the year 1995
    Brave new world is born to die
    From total damage to damage limitation
    Fear is the key to defend the nation

In the year 1996
    There is no need for politics
    Seeing life with unseeing eyes
    Seeing man see through the disguise

In the year 1997
    The boil bursts in the face of Heaven
    Dragon tears washed away thy youth
    Wash thy hands of eternal truth

In the year 1998
    Why shut the door of the Open Gate
    Rivers of people flow like blood
    New race rises from the mud

In the year 1999
    War destroys the last sky-line
    A flaming cross appears in the sky
    Man bows down as the bullets fly
  • I absolutely hate coffee, except weird-flavoured coffee drinks. These, I love. Or, rather, I find the taste interesting if a bit acquired, but, more importantly, weird-flavoured coffee drinks have a lot of emotional significance to me.
    As for coffee itself, again, I hate the taste (unless sweetened so much that it no longer tastes like coffee), yet there are times when it is alright to say "I need some freaking coffee". So, again, I like it for emotional reasons.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm ambivalent on coffee, somehow. I'll drink iced coffee, if it's loaded with cream and sweetener, but I tend not to like hot drinks much as a general rule...
  • The same here. Somehow I'm very sensitive to hot. I cannot drink hot coffee or tea, and have to wait for quite some time before it cools down enough for me to drink.
  • this song and its video kick so much ass and I love them

thank you
    (2015 self)
    lee4hmz said:

Even when I was still active, we still drank soda all the time. (It helped that our ward in Charlottesville was relatively liberal.) We also had plenty of hot chocolate around; the Deseret brand I've mentioned before is what the LDS family services gives you when you're po'.

That said, I've never been big on coffee. I think it smells better than it tastes.
    Man, I feel all uninhibited and audacious for drinking orange juice. My ward is so conservative on drinks.

• I am nonreligious and I pretty much only drink water, juices, and noncaffeinated carbonated beverages.  With a few exceptions.

Not a big fan of alcoholic beverages or caffeinated beverages.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I tend to drink water, teas, milk (and similar products), rarely coffee, and I can't bring myself to soft drinks or citrus sodas.
  • Aliroz said:

lee4hmz said:

Man, I feel all uninhibited and audacious for drinking orange juice. My ward is so conservative on drinks.

Most sugary drinks are garbage anyway.

• i drink like three cans of diet coke a day

well i used to anyways u_u
  • Nothing to be ashamed of, but not only is that stuff really really bad for you, honestly it doesn't even particularly taste good. It's just addictive.
  • i am not ashamed i am simply impecunious.
  • I used to drink way too much soda a day, though I've mostly cut back on it.  I also really enjoy coffee, and can drink an entire pot in order to stay up.
  • Coffeecoffeecoffee! Are you offering coffee?
  • Also, I drink milk.

Also, I don't drink energy drinks.