Marvel is secretly brilliant

edited 2013-08-02 23:42:17 in General
Okay, this will be like, the one comic books thread I ever make.

Comments

• what if you make a second comic book thread
  • then he'll be a liar.
  • what is done to liars around these parts

i forget what is done to liars around these parts
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    They tell a moderator what their lie was and then as long as no one else finds out, they are allowed in the secret partyhouse.
  • i want in on the secret partyhouse

where is the address. i will break in through a window.
  • the building has no windows.
  • well thats never stopped me before
  • The sadness will last forever.
    marvel golden age
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

They tell a moderator what their lie was and then as long as no one else finds out, they are allowed in the secret partyhouse.

Ick, secret women's underwear?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The secret partyhouse, not the secret pantyhose. The secret pantyhose has an entirely different set of requirements, which require NSFW access, and which only nine posters have ever met.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Miko said:

This reminds me of the many ridiculous troubles I had with the head Marvel.com forums moderator, a grown man/Gulf War veteran who decided that the best way to do things was punish people for rules that he'd never posted, spread lies about users to the other mods, remove private messaging capabilities for people he didn't like so they'd have to make their appeals in public threads (which was against the rules), and ban people for things they said on other, completely unrelated sites.
    That is scary. :o
    The way it went was:
    • I joined the forums
    • I made some friends and we had threads to chat in
    • These threads got huge as a result of us and other groups
    • Head mod guy says that there can only be three such threads
    • Some people, displeased, make their own forum where we don't have to abide by that rule
    • Head mod guy bans them
    • Head mod guy forbids people from talking about other forums
    • Head mod guy removes my private messaging abilities, saying I had been spamming people (never clarifying what I was spamming)
    • Head mod guy forbids me from talking about the issue in a public thread under threat of being banned
    • Head mod guy does this to several other people, forbidding other mods from talking about the subject
    • Head mod guy makes an account and starts lurking on the other forum, taunting people with the bits of personal info that Marvel mods have access to
    • Someone posts a picture of a cat and a clown, says "I bet these are your parents"
    • Head mod guy bans like six people, saying "you had to drag my parents into this"
    • Head mod guy later mentioned that he was about 40 and a former Marine
    o_o
  • sounds like a real piece of work

and the other mods couldnt do anything about it?
    That is what a head mod is, yes?
  • i mean

couldnt they gather up loyal citizens to their cause

and start a mod revolution???

seriously tho couldnt they tell the admin or whatever that hes a douche
    What if the admin was a lie all along? :o The forum church believed in a false god, and the real power was in the  hands of the priest. u_u
  • so sharpen up the mod blades on the mod guillotine and storm the mod bastille then
    See, from what I was told a few other mods complained, but the guy was completely in charge of the forums and basically an administrator. There wasn't really anyone to complain to.

The only time he hid his true Fartgas Extraordinaire form was whenever a writer working for Marvel showed up. Then it was all smiles and "yes yes right away sir."

Dude was weird. And smelly.
  • You could literally smell the stench of douchebag through the internet, it was that bad?

Whoa.
  • also

Marvel is secretly brilliant

secretly???????????
    Tre said:

You could literally smell the stench of douchebag through the internet, it was that bad?

Whoa.

Any self-described Taskmaster megafan stinks of stench. It's a rule.
  • spinor said:

Who?

this dude who could copy any fighting moves ect that he saw
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    But taskmaster is actually a neat idea for a character. He can do any fighting move he sees someone do, he has a photographic memory so he memorizes his surroundings and turns out the lights, and he has absolutely no urge to monologue, exposit, or explain his plans. Dude hardly talks, which is actually a good idea as talking would reveal your location.