Eliezer Lebowski

edited 2013-08-02 21:33:11 in General
Two Bayesian agents cannot agree to disagree.

That is however, your opinion man.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Pffft.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    If you showed Yudkowsky that Reverend Bayes used Bayes' Rule to infer God exists, would he just infer that he's smarter than his hero?
  • edited 2013-08-03 18:19:28
    (flower path)
    Pretty sure Reverend Bayes wasn't actually the first one to use Bayes' Rule anyways, per Stigler's Law of Eponymy
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    If I was in a position to show Yudkowsky anything, it would be the back of my shovel. In his face. Repeatedly.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz has gone grimdark! Nothing can save us now!
    (2015 self)
    IN THE GRIM SARKNESS OF THR FUTIRE THERE IS ONLY HATS.
    (2015 self)
    I mean

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FUTURE THERE IS ONLY HATS.
    (2015 self)
    There.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    spinor said:

Pretty sure Reverend Bayes wasn't actually the first one to use Bayes' Rule anyways, per Stigler's Law of Eponymy

Actually he was, but it went unnoticed by the Royal Society and had to be rediscovered by Laplace, who did more with it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I like "Sarkness" better, somehow...