Religous Mother Attempts To Murder Own Son (Binding of Isaac Thread)

edited 2013-07-24 23:30:18 in General

because I play it and Bunny plays it so we needed one.

Comments

• That's the rule, isn't it? As long as 2+ people play a game, it gets its own thread.

The brain and the heart of a woman can be found in her womb. Everybody knows that.
  • if you do not want to read this thread you don't have to do so.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
    We must have context.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Old Testament God is scary. Abraham is scary.

• We must have context.

here's your context
    Mo' said:

Am I correct that this looks like a sadistic clone of the original Legend of Zelda?
  • It....not really.

The gameplay takes several cues from Zelda but so do a lot of things. It's only a clone in the same way that Touhou is a Space Invaders clone.

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    > Touhou
    > Space Invaders clone

• edited 2013-07-25 00:18:08
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Fun fact: Zun worked for Taito, the company that developed Space Invaders (along with Darius and RayForce and several other good shmups), and also it published a bunch of shmups by Toaplan. :)
  • Miko said:

> Touhou
    > Space Invaders clone

the entire point of that sentence was that Touhou and Space Invader are roughly as similar as the original Legend of Zelda and The Binding of Isaac (which is to say not very).

Better example might've been like Gradius or something but that's horizontal.

I just wanted to point out the Space Invaders homage in one of the Touhou games. ^_^
  • I did not actually watch the video in question because I am playing Binding of Isaac right now.

at this very moment in fact.

it is Touhou with a UFO.
    Indeed. :D
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Someone I got linked to once used Binding of Isaac as proof that Team Meat didn't know what they were doing.

I laughed, and laughed, and laughed.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Odradek said:

Someone I got linked to once used Binding of Isaac as proof that Team Meat didn't know what they were doing.

I laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

wait what

was this supposed to be a Wrath room? There was nothing in here at all.

From there, it’s not difficult to figure out that the visual design of Team Meat is limited by “proficiency”. Their art design is not a stylistic decision. Their art design and their ability to create that art is simply limited. The 2011 release of the bloody Zelda-roguelike-whateveryouwannacallit The Binding of Isaac should affirm that. Much like hundreds of aspiring mobile game developers, Team Meat looked at their limited art capabilities and decided they could market these limited art capabilities if they called them “retro graphics”. So while companies such as VanillaWare and Arc System Works are creating beautiful game worlds with beautiful, hand-drawn art, Team Meat can simply claim they are appealing to the childhood video game memories of those who grew up in the eighties. In doing so, an awful lot of players have given them a free pass.
  • I found another one!

?????????????????????????????

• Odradek said:

From there, it’s not difficult to figure out that the visual design of Team Meat is limited by “proficiency”. Their art design is not a stylistic decision. Their art design and their ability to create that art is simply limited. The 2011 release of the bloody Zelda-roguelike-whateveryouwannacallit The Binding of Isaac should affirm that. Much like hundreds of aspiring mobile game developers, Team Meat looked at their limited art capabilities and decided they could market these limited art capabilities if they called them “retro graphics”. So while companies such as VanillaWare and Arc System Works are creating beautiful game worlds with beautiful, hand-drawn art, Team Meat can simply claim they are appealing to the childhood video game memories of those who grew up in the eighties. In doing so, an awful lot of players have given them a free pass.

so do you have any opinions on BOI.
  • Odradek said:From there, it’s not difficult to figure out that the visual design of Team Meat is limited by “proficiency”. Their art design is not a stylistic decision. Their art design and their ability to create that art is simply limited. The 2011 release of the bloody Zelda-roguelike-whateveryouwannacallit The Binding of Isaac should affirm that. Much like hundreds of aspiring mobile game developers, Team Meat looked at their limited art capabilities and decided they could market these limited art capabilities if they called them “retro graphics”. So while companies such as VanillaWare and Arc System Works are creating beautiful game worlds with beautiful, hand-drawn art, Team Meat can simply claim they are appealing to the childhood video game memories of those who grew up in the eighties. In doing so, an awful lot of players have given them a free pass.

in the name of all that is good and holy please 
    stop
  • edited 2013-07-27 20:44:49
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Mo' said:

Odradek said:

so do you have any opinions on BOI.
    Yes.

It's pretty good

Odradek said:

in the name of all that is good and holy please stop

Bunny asked
  • challenge runs only go down to Mom

this is good to know!

Mo' said:

challenge runs only go down to Mom

this is good to know!

Depends on the run if I remember correctly

A few of them go to Mom's Heart
  • man I've yet to beat that normally :V

also does Eve just suck or am I doing it wrong

Eve sucks
    Mo' said:

man I've yet to beat that normally :V

also does Eve just suck or am I doing it wrong

I actually rather like Eve

She's better than Samson, that's for sure
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Samson can actually kill things this side of the apocalypse. Eve can't.
    Samson can't kill jack shit unless there are 5 or more enemies around

Eve actually has moderately reasonable offense thanks to her higher tears stat + dead bird + whore of babylon

Plus, you can make tons of Devil Room deals to empty out her heart containers and stay in permawhore mode
    Samson used to be good before the nerf.
  • goodness aside I feel that the BGM should switch to that one Linkin Park song when playing as Eve.
  • when you have both Brimstone and Chocolate Milk your ATK stat in the menu kinda goes crazy.
    reading this thread is bizarre when you have no knowledge of the game

Isaac found two item rooms. Isaac is happy.

• so after beating the Large Marge challenge with the run I took that screencap from, I did a Cain run and accidentally beat Mom's Heart and unlocked both Judas and Samson (meaning I now have every character but ???) with a combination of Brimstone and Tech 2, a combo that is, interestingly, very buggy. If you charge Brimstone, it doesn't fire, and the sprite for the laser from Tech 2 glitches out, but it then fires continuously and I think the damage from Brimstone :might: get added on to Tech 2, but I'm not sure.

what really saved me was finding a Guppy's Paw on the last floor, which let me trade all of my heart containers (mostly empty) for twice as many Spirit Hearts.

• I beat the womb levels but didn't get the d6. I accidentally avoided going down to Sheol, would that have prevented me from unlocking it?
    Mo' said:

I beat the womb levels but didn't get the d6. I accidentally avoided going down to Sheol, would that have prevented me from unlocking it?

Did you beat the womb with ???
  • oh you have to do it with ????

well shit, I didn't know that. I don't even have him yet. No idea how to get him either.

You get him by acquiring ten mom kills

And then you get to dick around with one of the hardest to use characters in the game
  • I've heard he makes the very end of the game easier though. And the Whore of Babylon affects him permanently since he technically has no health ever.
    Mo' said:

I've heard he makes the very end of the game easier though. And the Whore of Babylon affects him permanently since he technically has no health ever.

That's why I said "hardest to use" and not "worst"

He's actually reasonably good if you get him items that mess with his heart containers in those kinds of ways
  • Indeed.

Beat Mom's Heart with Cain just now. And I started a Maggie run where I immediately picked up a deck of cards.

Time to offer prayers to RNJesus.