WHAT THE FRICK

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Babby's first rant vlog
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    This is adorable. 

This is like if one of my little brothers tried to do a dramatic reading of some angry neckbeard blogpost
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I don't even know if I can watch this. I'm just tempted to do my best impression of Udo Kier in Melancholia every five seconds, and that just isn't right.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    First world problems.
  • First World is a problematic term and you should stop using it, the correct term is "developed nations" as opposed to "developing nations"

thank
  • Actually the correct terminology is More/Less Developed Country.

Yes, I will shove the fact that I took Human Geography last year in all your faces, and yes I will shrivel up and cry if one of you calls me on it and points out I got a D in that class.
  • geography and history courses are/were my fave

also i immediately remembered that upon posting that but i had to go get pizza
  • get pizza

So clearly you're the winner here.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Chris-chan: The Early Years
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • You know, that's actually a pretty good opening considering the kid is like ten.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    There is no such thing as a good youtube opening that is a 30-second musical montage of video game clips. Also I literally thought this was irony when I clicked on it but then I realized that this small boy was indeed very serious about yelling at the internet because some people do not enjoy Sonic. I do not care, because he is like 10, and I was like really terrible when I was like 10, and he will probably be embarrassed of such activity later in his life. I hope. :x
    I think that I was significantly less terrible than that when I was ten, seeing as I had the decency to moderate the volume of my voice indoors and respect the opinions of others, but I was a terribly strange child with no friends, so it evens out.
  • ...Is it bad that I now feel better about my own obsessiveness toward a certain series of platformers by Ubisoft? Because I do.

Also, FPSes can't be revolutionary? Tell that to Valve. They've done it at least twice.
    lee4hmz said:

Chris-chan: The Early Years

He even mentions his "true and honest fans" in the ending. 0_0

• You're all wrong

The categories are Otakuland, Freedomland, and those other, lesser countries.

Don't forget Sherlock/Hot Accents/TARDISland and Other Otakuland. 
  • edited 2013-07-18 15:28:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What about Sweden?

Also, this kid is too adorable to hate, he reminds me of the kids at my kindergarten.

I was way louder than this kid when I was ten.  I also liked to climb on the roof and yell; also, I had less respect for other people's opinions.  I wish I was that same bold little ten-year-old who wasn't afraid of being wrong; and who didn't hate myself, and who could scream all day and was only afraid of the dark and being stepped on and falling down the shower drain and real things like invisible monsters and not things like being worthless or wasting my life.

Man, why can't I be the obnoxious ten-year-old I once was?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I got too uncomfortable to keep going

he is right about Sonic not being a bad franchise anymore though
  • I showed this to my Call of Duty-loving 10 y.o. brother. He wanted to fight him, and then he wanted to post a reply. I got him to be content with a dislike.
    Anonus said:

This is true.

-rides the Rayman high horse into the sunset once again-
    I haven't played Rayman but even though I am sure it is good, the probability of it being as good as Banjo-Kazooie is low. :D
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    That MONSTROSITY SONIC 06.  Don't you say all like "oh, Sonic 06 is a good game.  Sonic 06, best in the series." AAAAAAAAUAGHAUAAAGUGHAGHAUAGHAGUAGHAGUAGH
    AAAA
  • Anonus said:

sort of. Generations was real meh.
  • Aliroz said:

That MONSTROSITY SONIC 06.  Don't you say all like "oh, Sonic 06 is a good game.  Sonic 06, best in the series." AAAAAAAAUAGHAUAAAGUGHAGHAUAGHAGUAGHAGUAGH
    AAAA

no one has ever said that in the history of the known universe.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-07-19 15:29:32
    Miko said:

I haven't played Rayman but even though I am sure it is good, the probability of it being as good as Banjo-Kazooie is low. :D

To each their own.

I'd try Banjo out if I had a N64 or Xbox points but I don't so I can't, at least not legally. But I want to, it seems fun.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Why you guys keep saying they need to make it go back in the darker plots nad make it  FALL IN A PILE OF GARBAGE AGAIN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAWARRRRRRRR  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO
  • Miko said:

having played some of both series in the past and not much caring for either of them, I can safely say that I prefer Rayman as much as one can for someone who doesn't really like either.

I don't get the love of collectathon platformers that inspired A Hat in Time and the like.

I'd try Banjo out if I had a N64 or Xbox points but I don't so I can't, at least not legally. But I want to, it seems fun.
    I was being a little bit facetious but I do recommend it to 3D platformer fans. :D
    A Hat in Time
    hmmmm I just looked this up and it looks amazing. :D I love good collect-a-thons. Also, Grant Kirkhope is one of two composers for this game!!!! He composed the soundtracks for Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie.
    yay collectathons
  • There was a point where Sonic's plots were complicated enough to give Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts a run for their money.

There's something wrong with that.
    I love Generations, maybe I just have low standards
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sredni Vashtar said:seeing as I had the decency to moderate the volume of my voice indoors

I
    still haven't managed to work that one out

This will likely come as a surprise to Anonus, who only ever heard me talk IRL in a quiet monotone
    Hey I have pretty poor judgment of my own voice too

Though only around family members
    People say I speak too quietly.
    Me too. :)
    I probably do.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    If anything, I tend to speak too loud. Not screaming, really, but speaking like I'm on-stage or needing to project when I'm just talking to someone in front of me.
  • I liked Generations...

Then again, I got the 3DS version.
    lee4hmz said:

If anything, I tend to speak too loud. Not screaming, really, but speaking like I'm on-stage or needing to project when I'm just talking to someone in front of me.

I do that a lot, particularly when I am excited. I just never screamed or carried on like that as a child. I was generally very polite.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    lee4hmz said:

I do that a lot, too.

I'm the only 22-year-old I know whose parents still need to remind her "indoor voice!" on regular basis...
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Generations was good, so was Colours and Lost World is looking.

Really, the only 3D Sonic I'd call bad is 06, the rest are all enjoyable in some way
  • edited 2013-07-20 07:31:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I played Adventure (DX) last year and it was virtually unplayable

Haven't played Adventure 2 (Battle) in a while, and while Heroes was technically solid (the GCN version anyway) the gameplay wasn't much to get excited about and the team gimmick was kind of disruptive...also the characters are always talking!

I like Unleashed...
  • edited 2013-07-20 19:02:02
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    You have entered into the realm of discussing video games outright. I do not understand these things, so I cannot participate meaningfully. I can, however, make note of that void in my experience drily and perhaps humorously.
    play my game, goddammit
    FILL THE VOID.
  • PULL THE STRING
    I am unable to imagine an existence without video games in it.
  • Heroes for PS2 was a big favorite of mine. Unleashed fot the Wii (which is different from the regular version), was tight but boring in a few parts, as was Secret Rings. Blavk Knight was a huge ripoff, and Generations was a bit meh.
    This has 63,690 views. :o I saw it talked about on tumblr so I wonder if this is going to be like a meme?