The Adult's thread for scolding children.

edited 2013-07-13 17:04:45 in General
Back in my day, none of these phones were celly phones, or smarty phones, they were just phones, and we talked on them, we didn't typo on them.

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    :(
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Back in my day, you weren't born yet, and the world was better for it
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Back in my day, there were none of these gay people. Everyone was straight.
  • Back in my day, People ate home-cooked meals and didn't eat bad-stuffs.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I always found it amusing that the introduction of text messaging meant phone keypads had to start including the letters Q and Z.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I seem to remember some Nortel stuff from the late 1980s putting Q and Z on the 1 key, but that may have been something only they did.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I have a vague memory of seeing Q and Z on the 1 key on a few phones in the '90s. I always wondered what purpose that served...Does anyone even use old-fashioned telephone exchange names anymore anyway?
  • I have a vague memory of seeing Q and Z on the 1 key on a few phones in the '90s. I always wondered what purpose that served...Does anyone even use old-fashioned telephone exchange names anymore anyway?

Maybe in 2100, a culture comprised of people who want to live by the virtues instilled in the 1980s will keep this tradition alive, we shall call them, the Neo-Amish.