PERFECTION

edited 2013-07-11 01:35:41 in General

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    can't we all just get along
  • Tremors.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kyoto Animation are really a boring studio. Aside from Hyouka and maybe The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, all of their productions just seem so painfully trite and played out. And even then, the former is a weird exception to their usual story choices and the latter is essentially a giant nudge-and-wink in show form.

At least SHAFT have the decency to have their house director be batshit insane.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    To demonstrate why SHAFT is better than KyoAni in every way:

This is a scene from what is basically a (very well-written) harem comedy. Think about that for a moment.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Did you know KyoAni worked in Akira?

Also I notice a lack of Nichijou in that post back then.
  • Kyoto Animation are really a boring studio. Aside from Hyouka and maybe The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, all of their productions just seem so painfully trite and played out. And even then, the former is a weird exception to their usual story choices and the latter is essentially a giant nudge-and-wink in show form.

At least SHAFT have the decency to have their house director be batshit insane.

what else have they worked on?

also the things I have read about Free! that were copypasted from Sankaku Complex are both frightening and very, very sad.

JESUS CHRIST CA TAG YOUR TRIGGERING SHIT
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • I don't see anything on there that's too terrible (that I've heard of, anyway). K-On! is pretty bad as the epitome of the "taking all of the comedy out of SoL and replacing it with more cuteness" approach, but nothing else jumps out as terribawful.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    How can any studio be bad if it brought us this

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Aw, that was adorable.  I remember doing that when I was little.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Man, Kelly is already a parody. Doing a parody of a parody is definitely some sort of paradox