• (*takes your money*)
  • Odradek said:

I am confused.

As to why people like bad movies.

Give me ad revenue you bastards.
    Oh hey, confuzzled Bartholemew thread.

• edited 2013-07-03 21:22:38
    Pizza Dog
    I like movies that have things that I like.

That's why I love this movie with you in it /RomanticClock.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    In semi-related news, Man of Steel is better liked then it should be.

Apparently the biggest revenue is now coming from International shows instead of DVD/Blu Ray sales, so expect more crappy, high budget films.
  • is Man of Steel the one where the person threatens Superman with the genocide of the entirety of humanity?

cuz that's really not...Superman movie to me.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the genocide of the entirety of humanity
    I refuse to watch any movie with this as a plot point

Not really threatens so much as tells him that's what's going to happen and attempts to communicate through a a sea of psychic projected skulls that Superman can either join him or join the skulls.

See, despite the yellow sun making them all gods, Earth's atmosphere is not ideal to kryptonians. They have trouble breathing. So rather than adapt and force generations of children and his crew to adapt, Zod decides to change the gravity and atmosphere to better suit kryptonians make-up, because the alternative is years of suffering despite being gods or *gasp* having to wear futuristic, body forming suits to avoid breathing the air.

So in short, Zod is the whiniest genocidal maniac you will ever meet.
  • Justice42 said:

Not really threatens so much as tells him that's what's going to happen and attempts to communicate through a a sea of psychic projected skulls that Superman can either join him or join the skulls.

See, despite the yellow sun making them all gods, Earth's atmosphere is not ideal to kryptonians. They have trouble breathing. So rather than adapt and force generations of children and his crew to adapt, Zod decides to change the gravity and atmosphere to better suit kryptonians make-up, because the alternative is years of suffering despite being gods or *gasp* having to wear futuristic, body forming suits to avoid breathing the air.

So in short, Zod is the whiniest genocidal maniac you will ever meet.
    I haven't seen the movie, but couldn't he just build a building that houses a Kryptonian atmosphere.

Instead of being an asshole.

To be somewhat fair to the writers, it's established that Kryptonians are genetically engineered for their jobs (Kal-El was the exception, natch). So the fact that Zod and his crew are bred to be warriors might help explain why he goes about this in the most dickish way possible. 

STILL, Zod and his warriors are the elite, and you'd imagine SOME creative thinking and diplomacy skills are necessary if you're essentially the leader of an armed forces.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Isn't Zod also supposed to be an egotistical nutcase?

I think that kidna goes without saying at this point...though it's kinda hard to gauge by Kryptonian standards.

On one hand, they put him in charge of the military, on the other they tried to solve their energy crisis by drilling straight into the core of the planet...

You'd think someone may have pointed out that genetically engineering people for specific roles maybe not working out too well before someone had to launch a baby into space...
  • Sometimes, movies are bad but nevertheless entertaining to watch and snark at.

And sometimes bad movies still have the things one likes

And sometimes, movies touted as "objectively good" are boring and/or depressing :)

I will admit I still got my money's worth if only because of talking about it here and seeing it with my brother who also disliked it.

The end fight IS really good, as well.

It helped that I didn't have much in the way of expectations, compare to the latest Star Trek movie where plot holes made me very disappointed.
  • ^^ Yeah, a notable example is that I enjoyed Noir less than Kiddy Grade, even though Noir has a better-written story.  It's more intellectually interesting, but I just didn't get that emotional connection.