Let's Play RealMyst and then Let's Art(VIDEO HEAVY)

edited 2013-06-14 16:41:03 in Liveblogs
Myst, in case you've been living under a rock, is the name of the hit 1993 adventure game that took the world of computer gaming by storm when it came out. The game's ability to immerse players in a fictional world and then-groundbreaking graphics made the game the best-selling PC game of all time until The Sims took its crown in 2002. For the purposes of this thread, I'll be playing the 2000 remake, RealMyst which uses free-roaming 3D enviroments rather than pre-rendered stills. Why am I, a person who is not totally immersed in the lore and universe of Myst, playing the game all the way in 2013? Because I believe the game has some things to say on gaming and games themselves, and the very acts of discovery, exploration, and in some cases, exploitation and ruin of new worlds.

I'll also be showing videos of so-called art games that are available for free on the internet. Some of these are good, some of these are bad, but I think all of them have some interest. I'll be joined by a good IRL friend of mine who knows nothing about Myst and most of the art games I'll be showing him.

Tagged:

Comments