Dreamtime HH

edited 2013-05-27 05:46:34 in General
come to this thread when you are feeling surreal but not silly in a loopy sense, and your thoughts are occupied with fairies and aliens.

Comments

• sometimes I entertain the thought that there used to be magic in the world, but something has since driven it out. I cannot help but wonder what and why.
  • something happened that day.

things haven't been the same since she left, it's all gone dark in the cathedral. the odd light beam that pierces through in the black desert night is little more than a reminder of what was and what can never be again.

i called her, she didn't answer.

help me, i'm looking for my lost batteries. i think i lost them in the sand somewhere around here, but it's too dark, and the sand too red.

i feel like i've been shot in the back of the head with this situation. lost in a radio dystopia five thousand miles from the city. i hope you can find me.

sing about me / i'm dying of this

• we cried and touched our heads together as the glass tears rolled down our faces. the last two real human beings in a world ripped dry by these black thorns and left to burn under a maroon sun. someone help us, someone must be out there.

this was the third transmission left on the frequency, all further attempts at communication turned up nothing but static. the patient's condition would lead us to believe that he already--

and here we can see the ruins of the once great callasi civilization. they colonized the planet in the year two thousand four hundred and thirteen, on the second of july. no one knows what became of them in the two hundred years that colonial communications were cut off but when the first new probes were sent to the area after the dust had cleared, no signs were found of life. one image found was two skeletons, one a man, one a woman, found in an embrace in the ruins of a skyscraper in the city. carbon dating showed that the city had already been in ruins for some time when they died. they are believed to have died of starvation.

we too will be them.

• oh i know, believe me i do

it's hard to keep good perspective with something that happened thousands of years ago, but even we must.

good, young one, you are learning.

• no one's seen the sun in this city for decades.
  • and the lord said to him that in your time you will build a statue of iron and every day for seventy days a sacrifice shall be offered at the base of the statue and on the seventy first day the statue will make war unto....
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Now I cannot stop thinking of Coil lyrics, and of how they describe all of these seemingly impossible or alien sensations that I want to experience or at least understand. The feel of amber rain upon my skin and the taste of yew berries, to be stripped naked by wolves or to take a department store elevator to the Pleroma. I want to know these things.
  • to be stripped naked by wolves

you naughty boy
    "Her friends, the wolves, strip him naked."

That is the sole lyric in "Her Friends The Wolves". I always found that line at once extremely portentous and erotically charged.
  • "Her friends, the wolves, strip him naked."

That is the sole lyric in "Her Friends The Wolves". I always found that line at once extremely portentous and erotically charged.
    "Realistic depiction of wolves tearing the clothes of a human being"
  • "Her friends, the wolves, strip him naked."

I cannot help but think that the "wolves" are the sole metaphorical component of that statement.
    Mo' said:

"Her friends, the wolves, strip him naked."

I cannot help but think that the "wolves" are the sole metaphorical component of that statement.
    Indeed. Coil have, as I noted, a knack for arresting images and turns of phrase. The main mantra of "Triple Sons and the One You Bury" hinges on the homophony between "yew berry" and "you bury," thus: "And I swallowed the one yew berry, and I swallowed the one you bury..."
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I took a walk on the cool sand dunes, brittle grass overgrown, and above me the night sky, above me I saw. Bitter taste of unripe peaches and a smell I could not place nor could I escape. I remembered other times that I could not escape. I remembered other smells. The moon slunk like a wounded animal. The world spun like it had lost control. Concentrate only on breathing, and let go of ideas you had about nutrition and alarm clocks. I took a walk on the cool sand dunes, brittle grass overgrown, and above me the night sky, above me I saw.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    This message was brought to you by Coca Cola.