• Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • i like the other cat that's just all like "...again? :|"
  • Is that an actual, working LP?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Is that an actual, working LP?

Which one?
  • The clear white one.
    It only looks white from the light reflecting off of the grooves, but yes, that is a fully functional LP pressed on clear vinyl. As I said, I have a copy of that album and I have played it. It is marvellous.

Clear, coloured and marbled vinyl records are all available, if not especially common.
  • Bluhhhhhh, this is reminding me that I need a record player

#treispoor
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    imageimageimage
    I completely forgot about picture discs. Those are very cool.

Also, Starflyer 59 have the most gorgeous LPs.
    stoner/doom metal seems to be one of those genres that has a love affair with vinyl.

• edited 2013-05-25 21:23:14
    We can do anything if we do it together.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Most of these are so pretty I'd be afraid to play them for fear of ruining them
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

Most of these are so pretty I'd be afraid to play them for fear of ruining them

yesquote
    Well, you don't buy them to PLAY them. That's what the cheap-ass CD or digital copy is for
    Oh, you play them. You just don't do it often, and when you do, are very careful.

That, and you rip the vinyl to digital at some ludicrous bitrate, then downgrade it to V0 mp3 to stick on the music player of your choice.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I saw an actual portable record player at Target the other day. I haven't seen one of those new since, like, the 1980s.
  • edited 2013-05-26 21:16:59

lee4hmz said:

I saw an actual portable record player at Target the other day. I haven't seen one of those new since, like, the 1980s.

they've had those for years, at least at the one down the street from me.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Huh, really. I guess i just haven't noticed; I don't venture into the electronics section at my Target very much.