Q: Why does Idaho smell so bad?

edited 2013-05-10 17:12:16 in General
A: There are many reasons for this problem. Some theorize that it is a natural phenomenon. Others say it's because of industry.

The real reason is that Idaho is made out of butts. 

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hi JZ

You know, rich people like to go to Sun Valley, so it can't be that bad
  • Hey Mojave and Anonus.

Anonus: Sun Valley is located in the Twilight Zone is it does not count as Idaho.
  • Idaho

Legendary Land

T: add 2 butts to your mana pool.  If you are in an airport bathroom, add 2 additional butts to your mana pool.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Achievement Unlocked: WIDE STANCE!
  • Look out, South Carolina is vying for the title of stupidest state in the union too.  They just elected Mark Sanford to something again.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    before I even clicked on it
  • Achievement Unlocked: WIDE STANCE!

Goddamnit. Idaho: known for potatoes and Senator Wide-Stance
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Cattle reduces the want to smell levels of any place.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Wide stance?

• ^You'd think that but you'd be wrong.

Justice: Also, pulps mills. (And, chicken factories, but that was in Tennessee)
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^ Eh, not like Idaho's the only state with a sex scandal senator.
  • Oh god, I forgot about that incident.
  • It could be worse.  It could have involved dead prostitutes and diapers.
  • Yes, that's true. But think; the State of New York had many famously infamous residents. However, to counter this, it is still seen as an ideal because many creative, smart, or "positive" people have come from here. Idaho...has so few positive events/people for history to really remember about it, it's seen for it's overly bad qualities.
    but

the potatoes
  • but

the potatoes

what about our potatoes?
    they are the best

or so I've heard
  • Apparently, Washington produces more potatoes than us. So maybe it means we best quality but not most quantity.
    Hm. Well, Idaho apparently also looks like this sometimes and that's pretty nice.

• edited 2013-05-11 22:56:50
    Imi: Only in certain parts of Idaho (that is probably in the southern part of the state). I still maintain that Northern Idaho is the worst of the worst; because, while the state has it's pretty parts, actually living there for a long amount of years makes that unimportant.

Imi: Only in certain parts of Idaho (that is probably in the southern part of the state). I still maintain that Northern Idaho is the worst of the worst; because, while the state has it's pretty parts, actually living there for a long amount of years males that unimportant.

males, eh?
  • errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I didn't type that

(in other, other news, the keyboard I am using has the k and l keys switched (by mistake). Since I have bad typing habits, I look at my keyboard a lot.)
    I just thought that was an amusing typo

Idaho...has so few positive events/people for history to really remember about it, it's seen for it's overly bad qualities.

Here's a positive Idaho person.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

Apparently, Washington produces more potatoes than us. So maybe it means we best quality but not most quantity.

Reminds me of how Georgia is the "Peach State," yet South Carolina produces more peaches.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Georgia has the peach on their license plates, but SC has this: 

looks like a big butt
    looks like a big butt
    I can't watch 21 minutes. Just tell me what the joke is
    Click Play, I have it fast-forwarded to the right spot.
    dirty-mindedness

it strikes again
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

This song is also dirty.
  • > South Carolina's giant peach-shaped butt tower.

• Also, Idaho has nice scenery, but I remember hearing that it has no national parks other than a sliver of Yellowstone.  Is this true?
  • Also, Idaho has nice scenery, but I remember hearing that it has no national parks other than a sliver of Yellowstone.  Is this true?

You know, I'm pretty sure it is, actually. We don't really have any big ol' national parks like that. Historical sites, sure.
  • edited 2013-05-14 14:57:23
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I like Idaho.

It contains Soda Springs, which can throw off Old Faithful.

Also, it contains some of the worst drivers in the world.  Forget your New York drivers, your Utah drivers, your Reno drivers, Idaho drivers are the worst.  They learn driving surrounded by other Idaho drivers, who are terrible, and that's how it works.  Idaho drivers run red lights and will honk at you if you're in front of them and you stop at a red light because you're in their way.  The drivers with green lights will also honk at you for making holding up traffic.  Stop signs are more like guidelines and they take the speed limit and add fifteen. 

It works because everybody holds to the same wrongness; since everybody is fifteen miles over the speed limit, they're all driving the same speed; and they've all learned when to stop at a green light because the guy with the red light wants to go because they see it coming.

If you actually go the speed limit, you're going to slow everybody down and really tick everybody off.  What's more, your reckless law-abiding is endangering other drivers and could cause an accident.

Or at least that's what my dad says, and he grew up in Idaho.
    Aliroz_ said:

they take the speed limit and add fifteen. 

They do that here too.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...is there anywhere where they don't do that?
    When I took driver's ed in high school they actually mentioned that as being a Universal Truth

Here I only notice it on the Interstate. Drivers seem to interpret "slower traffic keep right" signs as "the posted speed limit is a lower limit."

I've gotten people passing me angrily while doing 75 in a 65, so I know what it's like.
  • > Drivers seem to interpret "slower traffic keep right" signs as "the posted speed limit is a lower limit."

this

> I've gotten people passing me angrily while doing 75 in a 65, so I know what it's like.

also this

everywhere
  • edited 2013-05-14 18:35:40
    The real reason is that Idaho is made out of butts.
    Are you sure it's not made of buttes?

Actually, come to think of it, it isn't.  New Mexico probably is.

Oh, and when Beholder was visiting, we were on a state highway with one lane each way and "Do Not Pass" signs when a frustrated driver passed me for going at exactly the speed limit.

I had to shout at that car "The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! DO NOT PASS!"

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Funnyguts said:

Maybe we should privatize Idaho.

See you again in three weeks for my next post.

Nationalise Idaho. Universal potatos, y'all.

Also, hey, Funnyguts! Join our RP! Please?!
  • We should make Idaho it's own nation
    good luck surviving
  • edited 2013-05-14 22:50:51
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Speaking of bad drivers:

There's a stretch of I-270 on my way to work that has three lanes in each direction as it passes through a cloverleaf. At rush hour, the right lane tends to back up, as is (unfortunately) typical of a cloverleaf.

Every day there's invariably one jackass who decides they don't want to wait in line for the exit, so instead they stay in the middle lane all the way until the actual ramp and then STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREEWAY with their signal on, waiting for some poor soul to let them in. Aside from being needlessly dangerous, it's an inconvenience to everyone else because we all have to squeeze into the leftmost lane at the last minute.
  • Funnyguts said:

Maybe we should privatize Idaho.

See you again in three weeks for my next post.

Nationalise Idaho. Universal potatos, y'all.

Also, hey, Funnyguts! Join our RP! Please?!
    she'll join in three weeks and then post once every three weeks