For the next round of "Is it satirical or are rappers really that ignorant"

edited 2013-05-05 15:34:22 in General

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life

Koan: Koan (Headingley, £22.99)

The outspoken rapper returns with his own distinctive brand of in-your-face profanity and militant Buddhism that isn't afraid to kick ass. Any fears that the man Koan was going to tone down his act are quickly dispelled in the powerful first track, Strap Her Down and F**k Her, a tour-de-force of verbal virtuosity and sustained sprung-rhythm attack. He rails against the gross materialism of western society using the shocking image of a man forcing his wife to have sexual congress with a horse: this is powerful, visceral stuff, Koan using double and sometimes even triple assonance to underline the force of his point: "Come here b*tch/And twitch/Your ass for my switch/-Blade, whore." Under his carefully-contrived public image as a boorish, wife-beating thug (which he lampoons in Wife-Beaters 101), Koan's savage lyrics reveal a passionate reforming poet, a William Blake for the 21st century. Witness the biting irony of A Whore's a Whore and Meat-Hookers (which quotes Lymphomania's Towel Feeder), and see the injustices and inequalities of society being skewered before you on a plate. A true artist.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • Naney said:

inb4 mojave

the only thing I have to really say here is "haha Holla Point".
    Odradek said:

Koan: Koan (Headingley, £22.99)

The outspoken rapper returns with his own distinctive brand of in-your-face profanity and militant Buddhism that isn't afraid to kick ass. Any fears that the man Koan was going to tone down his act are quickly dispelled in the powerful first track, Strap Her Down and F**k Her, a tour-de-force of verbal virtuosity and sustained sprung-rhythm attack. He rails against the gross materialism of western society using the shocking image of a man forcing his wife to have sexual congress with a horse: this is powerful, visceral stuff, Koan using double and sometimes even triple assonance to underline the force of his point: "Come here b*tch/And twitch/Your ass for my switch/-Blade, whore." Under his carefully-contrived public image as a boorish, wife-beating thug (which he lampoons in Wife-Beaters 101), Koan's savage lyrics reveal a passionate reforming poet, a William Blake for the 21st century. Witness the biting irony of A Whore's a Whore and Meat-Hookers (which quotes Lymphomania's Towel Feeder), and see the injustices and inequalities of society being skewered before you on a plate. A true artist.

meanwhile across town, Myrmidon demonstrates literally everything wrong with rap criticism today.
  • oh wait

Holla Point

HOLLOW POINT

HA
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Mo' said:

Shawty Put Ft. Lil Jon

it's not satire.

YAY-UH

AAAAAAAAAOOOOOOWWWWKAAAAY
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Yeesh!
  • Mo' said:

Shawty Put Ft. Lil Jon

it's not satire.