90s Nostalgia

edited 2013-05-04 22:35:31 in General
Those where they days, eh? 

The Arab Monopoly on the spice trade was broken.

We had 10, frickin' 10 aqueducts bringing in water.

We got our cross-plowing on.

Kinda sucks we lost two emperors, the farm district got hit with malaria, and Gaius Valerius Flaccus died, though...
Tagged:

Comments

• (is this an alt universe where we are talking in a literal forum or something)
  • no as in

the 90s.

the years between 90AD and 99AD.

• Yes.

I understood that much.

Aren't many Gaiuses running about these days.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    "Forum" as in the Roman Forum.
  • edited 2013-05-04 23:25:57
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I wonder how many years it'll be until the Goths come down and top us all. At this rate...

I'm moving to Byzantium. Don't want my kids growing up in this place.
  • youre not a true 90s kid unless you remember the Emperor Domitian banning all philosophers from Rome
  • edited 2013-05-05 12:51:19
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Let's all make fun of our parents who grew up in the 60s watching Emperor Nero shows.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Anybody heard of this new Christianity thing

I give it 5-10 years at the most
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Apparently this John fellow has written that spice is going to be one of the excesses that lead's to Romes downfall. 

Pffft, like Rome could ever fall.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    So what about Mahayana Buddhism? Think it's gonna catch on?
  • Barbari sugent!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^^ What's Buddhism? Is it like gymosophists?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's a bit like Cynicism, in some ways. But it's not that simple.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Guys guys! My weird Christian cousin just finished writing his prophecies. There's something about a seven-headed monster and the return of that executed criminal Christians are named after.

I couldn't make heads or tails of it.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    *reads*

It's a metaphor, man. It's about the moral triumph of Christianity over modern society. Kind of weird. Real cult stuff. Like the part with the seals and the dragon, though. Very old school.