Movie thread

edited 2013-05-03 03:58:08 in General Media

I thought we had one of these, but a search gets nil...

Leigh and I just got back from Iron Man 3. SPOILERS:

Ok, imagine they'd cast Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, but instead of the Joker, the script has him playing an actor playing "the Joker", a fake killer a Corrupt Corporate Executive created to scare people into buying security equipment. It's like that.

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    There were 2-3 threads (I think) of Movies...but they're not active anymore.
  • Watched Iron Man 3 too, quite enjoyed myself. I do like the decent reconstruction of the superhero theme that seems to go on in the Marvel movies lately. Badass Boasts have their consequences - but if you are as badass as you claim, you can take them. Hammy villains are unrealistic - indeed they aren't, that's the point. Tagalong Kid is silly - indeed, he has no business fighting bad guys, but can still be useful. Brains or brawn - both, brains are why you're good at brawn. And so on.

That being said, Corrupt Corporate Executive becomes a bit old as a bad guy. Especially for such a petty motive. My, my, some people can hold grudges.
  • watched this, it was good.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    So I just saw Lake Mungo.

It was pretty good. Very creepy. Probably the best "found footage/documentary" style horror movie I've seen, because they didn't have the point a lot of these movies have where it's deeply confusing as to why they keep filming. Shit never gets life threatening, just spooky. There's maybe one "jump scare" and the film earns it, and creates a very authentically frightening image with it.

All in all, a good horror flick.